Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 08-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Default New to Board and Flyfishing

Hello from Knoxville, TN. I have been lurking here a little and learning a lot. Recently, I was coerced by my father to invest in this hobby, as something he and I can do together (along with my younger brother). After much research (a lot of it on this site), I purchased a Sage Launch rod, Cabela's Prestige Plus reel, wading boots/socks, vest, flies, and a cool, old-school fishing hat that I like to think makes me look just like Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It.

I have been out once so far: to the Tellico and did catch a stock rainbow, which has wheted my appetite for more! I just had a birthday and collected some gift certificates from local fly fishing stores so I am getting waders next. My best gift, though, was from my lovely wife: a full-day private lesson right here at Little River Outfitters!!! 8-) (One of the many benefits of being a local-yocal). Can't wait to learn this "roll-cast" thing and stay out of the trees.... :-?