Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 08-09-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Greetings

Greetings from the Hoosier State. I have spent many years fly fishing for bluegill in southern Indiana (not very gracefully at times, but fly fishing nonetheless). Now that my oldest son is 12, he has expressed an intrest in the wonderful world of fly fishing! That was all I needed to take it to the next level. We are coming to the Smokies for our first wild trout expedition the last weekend of September.

Jake will be 13 October 1st and this is our father/son getaway to celebrate his birthday. He has been beating the water into a froth at our local ponds preparing for our trip. We have been spending evenings at the tying bench and enjoying our time together in anticipation of our trip. We dicovered Little River Outfitters a couple years ago when my wife and I were hiking in the GSMNP for our anniversary. We felt right at home and look forward to a long and adventurous relationship with Little River Ourfitters and the Townsend area in general. Thanks for the education - the forum is great!

Jim Markland
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Greetings

Jim, it sounds like you have a great relationship with your son. I'm glad that the two of you are going to get to spend some time in the Smokies together. Tell him to find a good OCTOBER CADDIS pattern and be practicing at the vice on it. You will probably need it at that time.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Welcome Jim,

I hope you have a great time on your trip.

Where abouts in Indiana are you. I'm just across the river in Louisville.

Dude
Old 08-13-2006, 04:57 PM

Hi, Jim
Its nice to hear about you and your son taking the trip together. I hope you have a great time and catch some trout too.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Welcome Jim,

I hope you have a great time on your trip.

Where abouts in Indiana are you. I'm just across the river in Louisville.

Dude
Hey Trout Dude-

Is there anywhere to flyfish around Louisville? I am heading up that way this coming weekend.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 PM

Welcome Jim,

Enjoy every trip you can with your son. * Take lots of pictures and make sure he catches lots of fish. They grow up fast, discover girls * and cars, * and fishing slides to the side. Mine's 16, but fishing is still number 1. Or maybe a close second behind x-box. * Hopefully they only stay gone for a short while though. * LRO will definitely put you on the fish and help make all those oppotunities special. *Have fun and enjoy !!!

justfishing
<'))))><
Old 08-15-2006, 05:58 PM

I apprciate the kind replies. To answer a few questions...I am in Spencer, Indiana, about 40 miles SE of Indianapolis. There are already girls calling the house for Jake, but I have forbidden phone conversations at the tying bench!

Thanks for the pattern recommendation - we will definitely check it out. I am open to any other suggestions as well.