Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 08-17-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Headed to the Clinch-need help

Im headed to the clich tommorow morning and ive been many times before but never had any luck there... only had two bites all summer, recently ive been goin to the mountains because i dont have to cast as far and have more luck there, but really thats beacuse i know im not very good. Ive got tons of flies to use and i guess im gonna start with a zebra nymph or a whollybuger with a strike indicator what do you guys think?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Headed to the Clinch-need help

I've beed catching them on a bead head pheasant tail nymph size 16 and 18 lately. Also on a olive 18 midge with a silver bead head. Fish them 20-30 inches below a samll strike indicator. I've been doing best when the water is dropping.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Thanks i really appreciate it... i went this morning and teh water was flowing a lot faster than i had expected it to. I used an olive nymph and had one real hard strike but i didnt convert it. I was only able to be out there about an hour and a half thought the water was really pushing me- i checked the generation schedules and it said that there was only one generator but it really didnt seem that way. Thanks foe your help though.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:25 PM

Yuo really can't fish the Clinch on any generator discharge. Zero is the only viable alternative or you will eventually run into trouble.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 PM

tennswede is right! Check the generation chedule before you leave to your next trip to the clinch. When I go I usually go on saturday when they have the recreation releases when the water is off at till 10:00 in the morning and is turned off again at about 6:00 or 6:30.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:53 AM

Man thanks guys i appreciate the advice!