Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-30-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: A few questions about Back Country Camping

I got it and replied back.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:37 AM

Default Re: A few questions about Back Country Camping

I know it has been a long time since I went camping but I wanted to give an update.
Sorry it took so long but been very busy.

First off the hike in was a lot harder than I thought. I packed to much and did not have a good pack so it was very tough.
Well I finally get there after getting attacked by Yellow Jackets and getting stung once right on the back on the neck. Man did it hurt.
Set up my tent and everything is great. Spend quite a bit of time trying to round up some dry firewood. Start boiling water. First thing I know I am getting a pump filter for the next time I want to do this. Way to much trouble.

I could go on but I figured I will make this story short. Ended up only staying one night. Fishing was great. First time doing this by myself I got a little nervous from time to time but no major issues. First thing I saw was a real big snake about 10 yards from the tent. I don't think it was poisonous.

Well packed up and left the following day instead of staying over another night. Ran for my life from the yellow jackets up hill; with to much weight; thought I was going to pass out.

Had a lot of fun and got what I went for. Will be a little time before I go again and if I do I will get equipment better suited for this type of camping.

Thanks again for all the help in planning this trip. I really appreciate it.

God Bless,
Jeff