Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Little River Trip

After reading all the fishing reports all week at work I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to get back to the Mtns. I e-mailed my fishing buddy and said we needed to go on Saturday.
We went to Elkmont early and hiked up about a mile or so and decided to fish together and split the stream. Along the LR trail a large buckeye tree had deposited a whole bunch of "Good Luck Charms" for us on the ground.
I jokingly put one in my pocket and said maybe it would bring us good luck today. We probably caught 50-60 fish between us. It seemed every pool and pocket water would yield either a Rainbow or Brown.
I was using a Parachute Adams and he used a single Prince nymph. I hope it was skill but I kept the Buckeye anyways!!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Little River Trip

Hi Troutman, I believe that we ran into you and your friend coming out. We had been fishing lower on the river and water temperatures were really causing problems. We talked to you for a minute and you related about the same thing as what you have written in your post. Congratulations on such a good day. We also had to walk up to that altitude to get to water that was cool enough for the fish to be feeding. This is a good place to make note of how critical one or two degrees can make in having a successful day.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.