Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 09-03-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Below Elkmont Sat Afternoon

Well. the temps were ideal so I figured I got to get out of K-town for some fishing. I have been sick all week with allergies and such, and after the doctor gave me some pills I felt fine enought to try it. I hooked up with Kevin and his camping buddy at 2pm below Elkmont. We fished for about three hours and I got two bow's on top. EHC tan 16. Not much going on despite ideal water temp 64. We ran into some other fly fisherhmen but not a whole lot of tourists anymore. I was amazed at the amount of litter again. I swear this year has been the worst when it comes to garbage. I could open a store selling left flip flops and swim trunks. Anyway I picked up a few and tossed them when I got back to the parking area.

Kevin and his buddy had to quit at five o' clock to begin their hike to campsite #18 on West Prong. I continued to fish up towards the ranger station. I picked up two more Rainbows but the action was not real great. I quit at 7 pm and began the walk back to my truck. Another fine day in the mountains. No bears this time around though.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Below Elkmont Sat Afternoon

i have hiked back near Elkmont and have been amazed by the amount of trash left on the trail, i mean 3 miles up the trail and coming across plastic bags/bottles. sad