Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 09-18-2006, 10:55 PM

Default New Member from Crossville, TN.

Hello to one and all! *I've been following this board since moved here last year and I can tell you that this has been one of the best resources for me to learn about whats working and whats not.
I've been learning to fly fish since I moved here from western Kentucky and though I'm mostly self taught, LRO's people have been a great help as well as their website.
*I fish mostly in the GSM park and it sounds like alot of you guys like to hit the same streams as myself. *The tailwater I hit most frequently is Caney Fork but I'd have to say I've started to favor the Hiwassee down around Benton/Reliance more this year.
Thought I should finally make myself known and say thanks for all the tips and interesting ideas posted on this board.
Also want to thank the LRO folks for a wonderful experience meeting Lefty this weekend. *I got to bring my Dad and we had a blast! *I hope I can move as good as ole Lefty when I'm approaching my 82nd birth day. *He really helped me alot with my back cast and learing to "punch" the rod with my thumb at the end of my foward cast to help that "hurry up & stop".
I hope you all keep tight loops and catch a killing!
Thanks!
Chad
p.s. I hope I did this right. This is first time using this form of board.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:02 AM

Default Re: New Member from Crossville, TN.

-limbsnagger
Thanks for introducing yourself. It's nice to see another Kentuckian on the board! I'm from Winchester myself and don't get to fish the Smokies but a few times each year.
Maybe we'll cross paths on the water sometime.
Nice to meet you,
- sworp
Old 09-19-2006, 07:56 AM

Welcome to the board! I'm from Crossville as well and it is good to see someone else from there on this board. It sounds like we fish a lot of the same water so maybe we'll run into each other sometime.

David
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 09-19-2006, 06:36 PM

hey you Crossville guys......I used to come to Crossville several times each year for golf vacations....wonderful area...question: there was a great restaurant downtown that had incredible steaks and greek salads...something to do with Vegas of something to that affect, is it still there....also there was very nice winery that we would get thier blackberry wine (sure do miss that wine)...can you tell me the name of it so I can find it online......

appriciate any help...

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome from sworp and David. *I hope we meet out on the water sometime each holding a 20 inch brown. *I think the winery that buckeye is refering to is probably the Stonehaus winery out on genesis road. *I've bought some pretty good stuff there myself. *I liked their muscidine wine pretty well. *I'm not certain they have a web site but their tele # is (931) 484-9463. *Oh ya heres a shout out to sworp! GO CATS!.

Chad.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:01 PM

hi limbsnagger

the winery I'm talking about was on the south side of 40 and I believe it was down by the exit that goes to fairfield resort if you take it north.....

thanks for the info....

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13