Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Smoky Mountain Grand Slam

what ya shootin' russ.....I have a wonderful Beretta 686 Silver Pigion 12/28 field over/under for sale, only been fired 15-20 times....just never get out in the field anymore and can't see that kind of gun going to waste.......

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 10-13-2006, 02:53 PM

buzz-saw check your pm's.

buckeyetrouter,
i've got a 12 gauge automatic. It's modeled after some high priced gun maybe a beneli but mine is some knock off brand. The gun isn't the reason that i don't hit any of the birds i shoot at though . i've got a 6 month old baby girl at home, so i don't think my wife will let me buy anymore guns. Wish i could though, that sounds like a nice gun. Why don't you go hunting anymore. i've only been seriously going the past two seasons, this will be my third, ever since i got a brittany spaniel. We don't find very much, the quail in East TN are pretty much all gone or on private land and i don't know anyone who will let me hunt on their land that might have some quail. plus i trained my dog myself, so he busts birds more than he'll point them. Especially grouse. i'll be happy if we hear one tomorrow and i'd be even more happy if Duke smells and busts one. I aint getting my hopes up for a point though, not on a grouse on his first hunt anyways.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:25 PM

How about a grand slam in same hole, in 3 casts. *Did it on Straight Fork in the pool above where the road crosses the creek last spring.

Predator 8-)
Old 10-20-2006, 11:23 AM

Three casts, three fish, same hole, 3 different species. WOW . I guess to top that you'd need to fish the same hole with three flies tied on and catch all three species in 1 cast. Don't see how it could be any more of a slam than that.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:56 PM

How about catching a big brown on a wooly booger, *flipping it onto the bank where it spits out a 10 inch rainbow, that coughs up a small brookie? * HMMMMMM?

Predator :-/
Old 10-20-2006, 03:16 PM

Well dang, you keep coming up with harder ways to have a slam.