Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 10-09-2006, 11:01 AM

Default Tuckaseegee 10/8

Mstone,

We did end up driving to the Tuck on our way back to Birmingham Sunday. We had fished in the park Saturday and it was pretty slow. Alot of our best spots were on the wrong side of the slide, so we ended up fishing up the Little river above Elkmont and caught 6 between my son and I. *:-/ Sunday morning we headed south and fished above the Alum Cave trailhead and caught fish in just about every hole. *
A little reluctant to leave, we arrived in Dillsboro about noon. It was overcast all morning, but we immediately started catching fish. Everywhere there was a deep fast run we pulled fish out of. My son was using a tellico nymph, and I had a BHPN on. It didn't really matter. We caught really nice size Bows, Browns, and Brooks. What an awesome place. *
We ended up having to leave just as the sun came out about 2:00. Between us we probably caught 40 fish in about 2 hours. We will definitely come back. Is there any camping nearby?
Thanks for the heads up on this really nice tailwater. *

Old 10-09-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Tuckaseegee 10/8

For camping info, check out www.mountainlovers.com . Look down at campgrounds. Holly Cove resort and Fort Tatham campground look to be in the general area.

mstone