Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Fishpond Shooting Star

Thanks alot! I really want one it's just kinda hard to part with that much money over a backpack!! I'll probably end up getting one soon, however, i'm hoping that i'll be up there soon and can come look at it in person. Is it the best backpack system like that out

Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM

After seeing the Shooting Star and High Country side by side I can tell you that they are completely different. The High Country has a much smaller pack and you can't attach rod tubes to it. To me the High Country is a piece of fishing equipment everyone could use and the Shooting Star is for long treks into the backcountry where you will be gone all day. I think we'll sell a lot more High Country systems. They are both nice. Daniel, how did you get those photos in here?

Byron
Old 10-19-2006, 08:34 PM

From my understanding, the shooting star has "compression straps" on them, where are they located?? It's probably not big enough to carry my waders and shoes (which are in a simms wader bag), so i would like to strap it to the bottom of the bag, if possible.

Thanks again for all the input. I've really gotten some good information from y'all, feels like i got every angle covered!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
how did you get those photos in here? *

Byron

He did it like this *

Used an image from your store as the link to put it in between the tags generated by the photo button above. *top row, 3rd button over. Look at the properties of the photo (right click on it) and you can see where it came from.

but not limited to your web images . . . by using a link from my photo gallery on smugmug.com (or anyone elses web photo storage)

no stress on your server and photos can be shared *8-)
Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 PM

Cool, Course I can't right click. I'm on a Mac. There are a bunch of PC's here in the building so I'll give it a try soon. I don't know much about the message board. I do change the photos at the top of the page every morning. How did you get the photo of that fish? Did you take the photo?

Byron
Old 10-23-2006, 09:17 PM

I tried using photobucket to put photos up here and it didn't work. I copied and pasted the links and i thought the pic would show up but nothing.........just the link.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

Yall mentioned that there was no way to attach rod tubes to the high country pack. Which really
disappoints me , but anyways, is there anyway that i could take small nylon rope and cinch to the pack? I know thats kinda..uhh cheap (maybe?) hehe I would really like to have the shooting star but im afraid that it would be a bit much, the high mtn. pack seems perfect-except for the rod tube thing. Is there another
pack system that might be even better?

MTN_TRT
"LIFE IS GOOD"

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 AM

I feel the exact same way, the high country would be perfect for me except for not having a place to hold rod tubes.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
*How did you get the photo of that fish? *Did you take the photo?

Byron
Yes. * I like to do some underwater photography. *The photo is from the the exotic location of "Falling Rock Quarry" in LaGrange, KY.
Just messing around . . . sowewhat better photos from where the water is clearer, salty and much warmer *
but I thought the bluegill was appropriate. * *8-)

but catching one of these would make a good story . . .

Old 10-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
From my understanding, the shooting star has "compression straps" on them, where are they located?? It's probably not big enough to carry my waders and shoes (which are in a simms wader bag), so i would like to strap it to the bottom of the bag, if possible.

Thanks again for all the input. I've really gotten some good information from y'all, feels like i got every angle covered!
I just loaded the Shooting Star with a pair of Simms G3 waders and a pair of Chota STL boots. *They fit in the main compartment, but not much else would.

Their are gear straps located on the bottom of the pack - I am not sure they are long enough to strap on a wader bag, though. *They are only about 4 inches in diameter when fully extended. *The compression straps on are on the sides of the pack and help compress the main compartment when loaded. There are also straps on the side of the pack that hold rod tubes in place.

Hope this helps.

Paula