Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-18-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Just fishing in the rain

That's what I'm talking about Baldeagle-
There's something mystical about FF in the rain,snow or even fog for that matter. It's hard to explain why these moments get etched into our conscience. Maybe they don't need to be expained, maybe we just need to enjoy.....

DryFly1

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 10-25-2006, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Hey Russ.....have you done any wingshooting when those large snow flakes are falling.....it really is an incredible feeling.....

buckeyetrouter
i really wish it would snow a lot more around here. During a good snow is the best time to be outside hunting or fishing. there is something spiritual about walking down a trail grouse hunting and seeing no other footprints in the snow.
Once I was hunting one time in upper 20 to low 30 temperatures with some wind in the sleet and snow. During the day about 2" fell on the fields and Duke (the dog) was runnning around and just flopping down and sliding then rolling around in it. Then he'd get back up and run and jump on me as if he was saying look what I can do. The bird hunting was pretty good that day too. Duke pointed a few birds and I actually shot one of them. The other dog we were with wanted nothing to do with hunting that day. She wanted to stay in the truck and while we were hunting once, she just laid down under some honey suckle bushes and wouldn't move. She'd have stayed out there like that if Duke hadn't found her. To be fair to her, we had hunted the dogs really hard for 2 days and it was cold and wet.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:15 PM

I love fishing in the rain because no one else does and it seems like it is just me and the fish in the river, but they don't know I'm there with all the rain drops hitting the water. It seems like I have the best luck in the rain, if it is raining it seems like I have to get on shore just to tie another fly on to keep them from jumping up and taking them right off my fly patch. If you have a good rain jacket then it is no big deal to be out there and it looks like I will get to experience the rain this weekend again.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:05 PM

Awesome tbryn,

Enjoy the rain and some nice brookie action! Give us an update afterward...

DryFly1

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)