Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Hike in streams

Ok one more question. Sorry I've been annoying you guys by coming on here so much and asking SO MANY questions. I guess I got a little over excited about the site that I posted every question in my head on the site. I know every time you open it up you see me under every topic. Don't worry I still have questions but I won't go crazy with it. So please answer this one. I would like to know some hike in for a night streams. I love to backpack and my goal is to hike every trail before I die. I love fishing them. Thank you for reading. I'm still going to use the site just not too much, but i do love this board .

Giantfish
Old 10-28-2006, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Hike in streams

Hey giantfish,you make me laugh..

That enthuiasm you feel, all the folks on this message board feel the same way every time we go or think about going FF. *And I hope it never changes.
You are an inspiration to all of us...

It would be very time consuming to spell it all out here so I will give you some places/books to study

*Little river outfitters- stop by and you will get some great information! *Or call and ask if they have what you desire.

Books:
* Tailwater Trout in the south- An angler's Guide by Jimmy Jacobs
* Smoky Mountains Trout Fishing Guide - by Don Kirk

This is only a starting point you will most likely get many posts with different options. *Check with LRO and see what book/map selections they have first.

* Let me add that this is LRO site and I am not promoting nor gaining any monetary compensation for the above mentioned books or sites. *Just trying to help a fellow FF out. *(O, and I am not a lawyer!)

* DryFly1

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 10-29-2006, 01:53 AM

DryFly1
Hey thanks, I needed that. also thanks for the books and ideas. I do wish to hike and fish every trail and stream in the Smokys and that is my dream. I love nature and being out in it. I love to fish and fly fish. The Smokeys to me is home even through I don't live there. I feel like a fisherman even at school and other places. I live to fish. Well thanks for all that, I did go a little crazy with the posting. My other dream is to live in some type of moutains, in a cabin, next to a stream. Well thanks again. I just had all these fishing questions in my head I needed them answered. You are a great group of guys. I will be on here evryday to read and post. Like I say in the line below you fish for a day you have a meal you fish for a lifetime you have enogh fish to live on. Well I just wanted to tell you guy about how I feel about fishing. Thanks

Giantfish
Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 AM

I too have a strong desire to fish all the streams in the smokies and every inch of them which will require alot of hiking. Now whether or not this will happen remains to be seen. Anyways, when i was investigating this, i did what just what the person above said, i got a national geographic map of the smokies and a couple of books. I got the one by don kirk and it is great. That book lays out all of the streams in the smokies, other than a few bluelines, and couple that with the map and you should be able to find your way with no problem. There are tons of trails in the park so you're just going to have to start picking them off one by one. After looking at the map, some of them are extremely long, especially if you are going to be fishing along the way. You're not going to be able to cover all of the streams doing just one nighters.