Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 10-30-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Tying knots

Wow I get frusterated at knots I know none of them and when I try to learn them I always end up getting my dad to do it because I run out of time to fish. *I want ot know what knots you guys use and how to tie them. Mabye some tips on not losing a valuble fly to a sloppy knot . *I have never been good at tying knots and always forget how to. *Like I said I don't know any knots at all. I have only learned one and have no idea whats its called asnd how to tie it. *Is there more than on knot. Tell me which ones you like to use . *DryFly 1 I know your out there so give me some advise. (No offence to the others DryFly 1 just popped in my head) Thanks.

* *Giantfish
Old 10-31-2006, 12:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Re: Tying knots

If you go to the Orvis website and poke around under the Fly fishing category, you'll find a section on knot tying. The great thing about it is the animated knots tutorial section that shows you, step by step and at your own speed, how to tie the most popular and most used knots. Try the link below and have fun!

http://www.orvis.com/intro.asp?dir_id=758&subject=494

Gerry Romer
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Tying knots

Wow that was cool and it really helpped. I added it to my favorites so if I do forget it's right there. Thanks that was fun and it goes at my pace and it shows an upclose version instead of a tiny line. You shold tell other about that! I hope more of you guys readthis. Trust me if you stink at knots this will help

Giantfish