Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 AM

Default New board? A possibility?

While looking at antother message board I notice a section specifically designated for fly fishing pictures. I thought it to be a great idea. Personally, I thouroughly enjoy looking at priceless pictures taken of fly fisherman at their moment of glory and even at the not so glorious times. I think it would be a good addition to your many projects with the web site (catalog), for the simple fact it draws new visitors, visitors to become members, members to buy new gadgets, and your newbies to get frustrated, wondering when there gonna catch that once in a lifetime fish, and keep the dream alive. There are fish out there and big fish at that!! I know you guys gotta lot going on just thought I'd make the suggestion and see what everyone else though. I also think that having a specific board section designated for pictures, would actually influence your members to post pictures.

So in a nut shell, a picture board would keep guys like me droooling!! :P

Just a thought no pressure!
Fishermansfly
Old 10-31-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Re: New board? A possibility?

I second this idea. I love looking at pictures, especially when I cant make it out as much as I would like. Great idea if time permits.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:37 AM

I think its a great idea!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:26 AM

Great idea,

Maybe a link(photos) under each board topic. This way we can focus on the particular photos that we want to see?

Example:

Smoky Mountain Fishing- Photos
Tennnessee Tailwaters - Photos ...... etc....

* In addition it would give Byron an endless supply of photos to rotate on the home page...

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 10-31-2006, 11:42 AM

I think it sounds like a GREAT idea also. I really enjoy looking at other people's pictures. Good idea Fishermansfly!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 PM

I like the idea too. *It will take some additional work but like you guys I think it would bring more people to our site and it would also be fun for me. *I spend, at a minimum 1.5 hours a day on site design and that doesn't include the time we've already put into the Online Catalog. *I'll get with Daniel on it and see what he thinks. *We would need to set up an e-mail address for anglers to send their photos to. *We would have to crop and re-size them so they would load quickly. *Then we would have a page devoted to your photographs. *They would probably need to be catagorized somehow for searches. *You couldn't have all those photos on one page. *It would need to be a separate part of our website. *By the way, we're open to any ideas you all have that might improve this website. *Everything does take time and we are somewhat limited. *We'll work on it. *

By the way, some of the photos you see at the top of this page came from customers and friends. Some of them Paula and I took. But, I change them out every day so the message board has a new look. It takes probably 5 minutes a day and well worth it.

Byron
Old 10-31-2006, 10:58 PM

The one thing that I forgot to mention was what dryfly1 mentioned, regarding an endless supply of pictures for the site for you all to post. I know for the most of us, we take our camera's with us and regardless of the days success we still come back with some spectacular pictures of scenery, flies, and pictures that tell a story.

Sorry again for making more work for you guys. I know you guys are hard at this site daily amongst the other aspects of the business.

Thanks for making your fly shop our fly shop!
Fishermansfly
Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM

We're excited about it. I talked to Paula last night and met with Daniel this morning. We set up an e-mail account for the photos to come in on my computer. I will design a header and some graphics. Daniel will handle the menus. You will enter the pages through our top menu on the main site. There will be different categories for us to put your photos in. I will crop and size the photos so they will all be the same size. They will show up at the top of each page in the order they came in. The photos will have a number so you folks can talk about the specific photo. We will name the angler if there is one, who took the photo, where and when. We will also list your online name so members can go to the "Picture Board" and see what you look like. It will be fun for everyone, it will increase traffic and make the site more "sticky" and we will get plenty of photos to use elsewhere on the site. I can't wait. This is a good idea and we all thank you. I think it will be ready by the end of the week.

And thanks for making our fly shop your fly shop!

Byron
Old 11-01-2006, 04:59 PM

Byron,

You guys are unbelievable!! Thank you so much for all you do. You've helped a Middle Tennessean feel like he's living in the Smokies these last few months since I checked this site out. This message board has done so much for me as far as knowledge and where the fish are.

I just wanted to thank you guys. I've been to the shop a few times (recently lucked out when Lefty was there) and it is such a comfortable atmosphere and very welcoming to newbies like myself.

I can't wait for the pics. Hopefully I'll add a few myself.

Thanks again,

Deedub
Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 PM

Great!

Didn't really expect it to happen this fast but it's good to see. Hopefully all of your hard work will pay off and more people will join the board and business will pick up. Y'all deserve it!