Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 11-01-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Legendary Fly

Has anyone herd of the legandary fly? I forgot it's name but some said they used it and caught the most fish in the world on this fly. Sopposedly it's hard to find and tie but I want it! So if you have herd of a fly that can catch fish in an amazing way like the one this guy talked about I would like to know. It may not be true, you know how good us fisherman are at exagerating . I just wanted to know. Thanks.

Giantfish
Old 11-01-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Legendary Fly

There are several flies that are "legendary" to this area i guess, however, i don't believe that you will find a fly that will catch you fish 100% of the time. I am a firm believer in confidence, the fly you have the most confidence in you will catch the most fish on because you spend more time in the water and less time changing flies. I know sometimes i will try to put on different flies that i haven't used in awhile or flies i think will work, but i spend more time changing to different flies and don't really give them a chance. I always seem to go back to the same select flies the majority of the time. Just my theory.

By the way, smoky mtn. blackbird softhackle by mr. hartsell.......................give it a shot, i think you'll like
Old 11-01-2006, 11:05 PM

I also think that is true and belive in this phrase "Don't trash a messed up fly because it could fix the streams." I looked up on legendary flies and found out that the only ones are ones you mess up on or make one up that can sometimes do better than what you were trying to make.

Giantfish
Old 11-24-2006, 02:04 AM

from what I understand, the "clouser minnow" has caught the most species of fish in the world. its pretty easy to tie also.