Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 11-03-2006, 03:03 PM

Default TN trout vs. AR trout

Ok........slightly unrelated to the fishing board.....may be taboo, but sounds fun.

My family all came from east TN and western NC, so I have always kind of been a Vol fan. Not to mention the great TN fans.

BUT......this is the time of year, I have to stop. So here is the poll.......
Old 11-03-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: TN trout vs. AR trout

:-? :-? :-? :-?Are you really posting this! Even our trout bleed orange! You should know that, with the fam and all! Technical streams, gorgeous scenery, and beutiful trout! The trout practically volunteer to bite your line!

It's gonna be interesting to see your replies.

Fishermasnfly
Old 11-03-2006, 03:53 PM

I will gladly reimpose my full support of Vol Trout on Nov 12th.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:08 PM

This guy from Arkansas needs to get real. I wonder if he has ever had a GSMNP trout on the end of a line. He probably means NC not TN
Old 11-06-2006, 02:51 PM

I have had several GSMNP trout at the end of my line. They are fiesty little guys.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:38 PM

Arkansastravler, Sorry if my tone sounded harsh, meant no harm. May wife accuses me of over reacting all the time. I don't get out much.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:27 PM

Who said anything about harsh.....taht is what makes it fun. Looks liek a big hatch is on for Sat.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

Thats the only thing I dont like about the smokies-- youre in TENN!!! Come on, Yall gotta get a VA trout on, they fight just like our Hokies play, hard and fast! Haha better be careful what I say...gotta go, theres a big brown waitin in a pool up the mountain, gonna catch him. Any volunteers?

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2006, 05:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to ZachMatthews

Ahem. I just have to point out that Arkansas trout are - as is now apparent - well known for both their speed and their size. In fact, I've heard them called the fifth-best trout in the country, a statement I take exception to, as I believe them to be the best, or number-one, trout in the country. I think we will soon know the answer to this question.

Zach

PS "Touchdown, Arkansas! OH MY!"
Old 11-12-2006, 07:52 PM

I live in Townsend, Tennessee but I grew up in Kentucky. I'm older than most of you so this may be hard for you to comprehend. I stopped in Townsend on my journey down the Appalachians because my horse threw a shoe and my mule was pregnant. I liked it here so I just stayed. Back in those days we kept all the trout we caught because we were poor and we needed them for food. I've cleaned a bunch of trout I caught in the Cumberland River in Kentucky. I can tell you for sure, they are "Bluebloods". I've got a photo at home that I'll try to find and post. It needs to be scanned because back then a camera weighed 10 pounds and we just got prints. I've got a photo of a limit of trout with nothing under 20". I release all trout now. I'm not much of a sports fan. I do remember that when I was a kid we didn't have those oblong balls to play with. Ours were round. I was a personal friend (or at least he shook my hand at a science fair) of Adolph Rupp. But now, I'm a fan of Tennessee Trout because they live in a beautiful place. In fact, I am fan of all fish, especially caught on a fly and I favor those who rise up to the top to get it.

Byron