Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 11-14-2006, 11:31 AM

Default SNOWBIRD CREEK INFO

Good day to all,

I am thinking about heading up to snowbird creek in NC soon and have a couple questions.
Is the fishing good year around?
Is the public access points?
What type of flies?
Do I need an NC fishing licence?

Thanks for all you help.

Patrick
Old 11-14-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: SNOWBIRD CREEK INFO

Patrick,
I was over last weekend, didn't tear them up but caught a few small wild rainbows, the water was a little low. Some rain would help. The creek is getting ready to be real good and you may find it so this weekend. I did have one nice rainbow ~15" bump a streamer several times, I was using a size 6 olive cone head zuddler, probably should have put on a smaller streamer. I would bet that fish is a lake run or "steelhead" they will start showing up in numbers any time now.
I would take some BH tellicos and princes in 14-8. Brown Stones with biot legs and wings think it is called a biot stone size 8 and 10. Use the big nymphs as your top fly and weight with the smaller fly about 10" below one a lighter tippet.
I sometimes post to the Snowbird and neighboring creeks posting on page 2 of this section. Have a look! There is a good 10 miles of access on Snowbird. Good luck and tight lines.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:53 PM

I was up there a couple months ago and the trout police were out and undercover. I had my liscense but a couple friends of mine got $185- citations.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:46 PM

I got one of those wonderful notes as well with a license (unbeknownst to me!) that was three days expired. So get your license. Any other questions let me know, I will do my best to answer...... or make up something entertaining!
Best,
John