Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-01-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Fishing on NC side 11-25

It has took a little while to post this report, i've been busy, but i finally got around to it!

My uncle and i drove up to cherokee last friday morning, the day after thanksgiving, to hike in and fish the smokies. We arrived about 10 a.m. and immediately went to our destination and started hiking in. We brought our backpacks because we had all the things needed for cooking some lunch on stream. After a hike of about a mile and a half, we decided to stop and start fishing because my uncle's ankle has been acting up. We got in the stream and started fishing wiht not much luck. The weather was warm, low 60's, but for some reason the fish just weren't cooperating. After an hour or so, i switched to a bwo and dropped a tellico nymph below it and caught a few fish and missed a few. The biggest fish was a 10" rainbow, but the only fish i got a picture of was the smallest one! That's how it always is though. So after feeling pretty good about things, we decided to cook some lunch and take a break. We made it back to our base site and after a quick meal of beef stew we made it back to the stream, unfortunately the hot fishing definitely cooled off. We couldn't seem to get anything for the rest of the day until dark. It was very tough fishing but it did make me feel a little better when on our way out we ran into three elder gentleman who said they had fished the smokies for all their lives and they only caught two between the three of them. All in all it was a very tough day but still nice to be out in the wild!
Old 12-01-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Fishing on NC side 11-25

Here are some pictures:

Here is the one little fish, actually caught two that were bigger but oh well, still a beautiful fish!

Here is us at our "base" getting ready to eat

Me high sticking through a promising run