Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 12-11-2006, 08:11 PM

Default All I want for Christmas is ...

Since I'm getting in the holiday mood, I was wondering what you all are asking for from Santa. On the back side of that, what is your favorite fly fishing gift you have received?

Happy Holidays,

Dude
Old 12-11-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: All I want for Christmas is ...

Well, I'm pretty new to serious fly-fishing, and no one I know around here does much fly fishing, so I'm kind of on my own - have to give something to myself (which sort of defeats the purpose of giving, eh?)...anyway, since I've really fallen in love with small streams and overgrown conditions, I did buy myself a fine, top of the line 3wt earlier this fall, and I got to try it out over Thanksgiving...and, I've bought a bunch of flies, etc, so I've treated myself very well.

I did buy 3 5wt outfits for my kids, right off the LRO online catalog; I don't know how well they'll take to it - we will see.

I guess, long-term, I'd love a bamboo rod, but at those prices, I'll have to save my nickels and dimes for years for one of those
Old 12-12-2006, 07:36 AM

hmmmmm, let's see......keeping it fairly simple, I would like Santa to bring a CFO reel and a Sage 3wt rod. Don't know why I've had this dream of owning a Sage rod but it is there.

I am in the process of finishing a 3wt rod for my daughter/Christmas. I got her into FF this past spring and she is loving it, so I thought a building a rod myself for her would give it special meaning. I added on of the new Ross Flystart reels from LRO and it is looking fairly good.

Since the first rod went so well, maybe next I will build that Sage rod I've been wanting to save on Santa's wallet... :P

Remember, all kids really want is time with thier parents......which is good because then you can mold them into the adult than you would like to see them become......
I know some of my favorite memories of childhood are tromping thru the feilds with Dad trying to get that first rabbit and bringing some of those delicious perch thru the ice......build the memories that your children will talk about when they are adults......and ENJOY.......

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 12-17-2006, 05:57 PM

To catch more fish in o7 then I did in o6. I have introduced my brother inlaw to the sport. I have given him some of my gear. So this year I'm hoping Santa well re supply. But the best gift I recived is now I have someone that shares the same enthusiasm for this wonderful sport.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:08 PM

Only thing I want fly fishing related is a float tube. It would be so useful out west next summer and I think I could even find some places around here where I would use it.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 PM

yeah, and I know exactly where around here you're thinking about using it!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:23 PM

Shhhhhh.....
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 12-22-2006, 01:59 PM

Favorite gift given to me by someone else: Leather fishing belt with silver trout on each side from my wife. I had wanted one for years.

Favorite gift from me: Patagonia waders & Chota boots this year. Whole new meaning to flexability, bone dry, and most importantly - comfort.

Now, if I could ask the jolly old elf for one 'fishing' thing this year it would be a 15 1/2 foot Clk-craft with trailer, oars, coolers, tons of flies, a couple dozen rods all parked in a garage on the Missouri or Madison or anywhere in Montana. Hey if you're going to ask, ASK!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD FIGHT !!!
Old 12-22-2006, 08:26 PM

If santa could bring me one gift it would be this: a beautiful, intelligent girl who just happens to love fly fishing! if any of you know of any young ladies like this in the age range of 20-27, tell them you know somebody who would like to meet them, then pm me.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

haha OK I REALLY like ttas67's idea and I REALLY like Sage's idea! Well guys I got what I wanted (nope still single ) I had only dropped the idea of the Fishpond High Country pack on my mom a couple times. Apparently moms do listen to their teenage sons! She got it for me! NICE, REALLY NICE! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and hope everyone has a great '07!

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com