Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-21-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Fishing Music

Can't go fishing. *Just biding my time until the baby arrives, which should be any day now. <sighs>

I was listening to my favorite fishing song "Madison Brown" from the CD Fishing Music. *I got to wondering.....what are some of your favorite fishing songs?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Fishing Music

Quote:
Can't go fishing. * <sighs>
Can't answer your song question but i do know that you need to get used to the words you said above. "Can't go fishing, got a baby" I've got a 9 month old and she has taken all of my fishing time from me, but its worth it
Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM

Driving over to Abrams creek the other day, The movie "Deliverance" and song "Dueling Banjos came to mind . I like any instrumental Blugrass when in the Mtns.
As far as not fishing very much with kids, I've been there twice. Once they get over 4 years old they get involved with soccer, T-ball, etc. I would search out some local ponds and lakes to take the whole family to and when they get to be teenagers they may want to go with you to the rivers! Spend this time with them and they will want to spend time with you as they get older. I am blessed to have a wife and kids that enjoy camping and fishing so hang in there!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:35 PM

WOW, that is a open ended qustion. Instrumental bluegrass..no voice, Jimmy Buffet, Brooks and Dunn, The old masters orchestra, Handel, Bach ect. Many types of music will make me happy, EXCEPT NO RAP OR JUNGLE MUSIC.

Tom
Old 12-21-2006, 01:55 PM

If you guys get a chance go to http://www.flyfisherman.com/downloads. Down towards the bottom of the page, you'll see the song "Madison Brown". Click on it to hear it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's a great song about a big ol' brown trout outsmarting a few lucky fisherman.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM

The one that comes to my mind first is Taj Mahals' - Fishin' song. I have a greatest hits cd by him. Blues if you're not familiar.
Now when I was in your situation I kept singing; "It's the end of the world as we know it" !

And once your little one is born, start angling for a couple of hours on the Clinch on Sundays, or the park whichever is closer, even an hour on the water is a lot better than none. That was my sanity!

We're all different, you may not want to leave the house. Hope everything goes well with the delivery!

Best,
Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 PM

Tom W, if you like classical and bluegrass, you should check out the album "appalachian waltz" by a famous composer named yo-yo ma (japanese I think) this amazing composer became very interested in appalachian music and has created what is essentially classical appalachian music. really a genre of its own. this album is considered a masterpiece and I can tell you the whole thing really blew me away. check it out, its the perfect soundtrack to the mountains. you can listen to samples here: http://www.amazon.com/Appalachia-Wal...e=UTF8&s=music
Old 12-22-2006, 09:44 AM

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I know exactly what you mean. I have a daughter that turned 3 in August. The one in the oven right now is my son. I am truly a lucky man.

BTW, I bought my daughter her first fishing vest the other day. It's kid-sized and.....wait for it.....PINK!

I love my daughter more than anything, but I'm so sick of princess this and Dora that. :P I can't wait to play with G.I. Joe again!

So, has anyone tried the above link and listened to "Madison Brown"?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:17 PM

I listened to it, its really good! I need to download it and take it with me.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:37 PM

Green, I completely understand. My daughter (4) is still my little princess, but she is starting to play with worms too. I look forward to the day when she is old enough to throw a fly. Until then we will watch bobbers and bank fish. Both her and my son (1) have their TN lifetime licenses. If any of you guys out there have small kids and don't know about that program, you need to look into it. It has been a great first Christmas present for both kids from their Grandparents.

Good luck with the new one and my only advice is to turn your head and cover that thing quickly when changing his diaper.

Merry Christmas,

Brad