Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 12-27-2006, 08:01 PM

Default fly sim

Has anyone on this board ever played flysim - a computer fly fishing game?

Old 12-28-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: fly sim

Bama,

You can download the game in a trial version to get a feel for it. I actually purchased it last year so I could play it during the winter when I wasn't tying. My 7 year old really enjoys it and my 4 year old is showing some interest too. It's pretty realistic and worth the $25. You can even see what is hatching on the river and match the hatch.

Have fun!

Brandon in Cookeville, TN
Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 PM

I have had it for a year now. actualy forgot I had untill I read your post. I have it on my home computer, had it on my work desktop, but just got a new laptop and I thought I had everything moved over untill I read your post. now Our IT manger has my old desk top so I am sure it is in the ether world heaven for old games. I down loaded the new version but my old serial number does not work! Trail version is all I have time for anyway at work.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:03 AM

ok - thanks guys.

hey Vern - from what I have read. You can re-download the newest version from the site because the web guys at flysim have your name or numbers in their computer. So you can get it back pretty easy.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:18 AM

I tried that and the number they emailed me didn't work. I am going to dig deeper into it Tuesday when I get back to work. We are vary liberal about stuff like that at work, but it has to be on lunch break. Something about the trus plant needs truses designed to keep running. It's more fun to fly fish than check home truss designs. I am trying to get our general manager to see that the physics of flyfishing helps the designers understand loading. He just doesn't believe that the loading of a rod relates to roof trus design.