Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 01-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Default New C&F Fly Box

I got my new C&F Fly Box from LRO today. I ordered it on Tuesday with the $5 Message Board Coupon (thanks again LRO). It came in the mail today. This box is awesome! now if I can just stop working these 14 hour days I'll tie up some flies to fill it up. That will take a while though since it can hold up to 564 flies.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: New C&F Fly Box

That is a NICE box. I should probably get another box sometime soon. Does that center leaf seem solid? I'll have to look into those boxes next time I'm by LRO... I've got a regular C&F box already and really like it. 8-)
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 01-12-2007, 04:52 PM

I've had mine a few years now, the leaf is as good now as new, it took quite a few hours to fill the thing & that was just putting them in the box

Grumpy
Old 01-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I've had mine a few years now, the leaf is as good now as new, it took quite a few hours to fill the thing & that was just putting them in the box

Grumpy
I echo Grumpy on this one. I've got a couple of C&F boxes, one for the mountains, one for tailwaters, and one for cheater flies * . They are solid and really help with organizing.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:15 PM

I had my eye on that box as well. I'm not sure I need another fly box, but I probably don't need a new rod or shotgun either. I use one CF for mountain nymphs and the midge threader box for the tiny tailwater flies. It is a lifesaver this time of year.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:58 AM

Last Christmas Santa asked me to buy my own present and I bought a C&F Midge box (from LRO). I really like that box. Enough that when recently I started tying my own flies and running out of room, I went back and bought a 12-row C&F. Now the 12-row will be the "Clinch" box, and the Nymph box will be the "Smokies" box.

For what it's worth, I had been set on a System X box until I really thought hard about how much I used and liked the C&F I had.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM

How are those fly boxes? They look very interesting and i'm looking into getting one i have just never used the ones like that with the micro slit foam. How does that actually work? Are they as nice as it seems?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:11 PM

I love the micro slit foam in the C&F boxes. I have a few of the waterproof ones. The only thing I don't like about them is the added weight. I travel with 4 or 5 fly boxes, and when I'm fishing from a specified base of operations its not too bad. However when I backpack and fish I'm always trying to lose a little extra weight out of a pack. I've gone to the System X series. I love the foam suitcase and the ability to carry large amounts of flies in a compact way. I'd love to see SA decide to offer the System X inserts in a micro slit configuration. Call me a bit neurotic but I love the way I can line up all my flies, and know exactly where everything should be.

Dude
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 AM

I have the system x fly box now and found that it is ok, but not quite what i am looking for. My only concern with the c&f micro slit is that the flies will be packed too close together and it will be difficult to get just one fly out. Do you have to use forceps or something just to get them out? I'm just thinking that when i go to slide one fly out i will pull a couple more out too because they are packed in so close. Otherwise, it looks like a winner of a box!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:09 PM

these boxes are the best. mtnman, you don't have to put a fly in each slit. you can space them out if you wish. you may just put 4 or 5 stimulators on one row, and 15 or 20 nymphs on the next. the best thing about this box is that the hook backs into the slit, instead of poking the point of the hook into the foam. this makes them easier to get out.