Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM

Default New Message Board

In a few days we are going to launch our new message board. All the posts, members and passwords will be in tact. It will look a little different. The color is going to change. The threads will be larger and easier to read. You can look and see who has been on the board that day and several other subtle changes will be made.

Also, there will be a couple of new categories. One will be "Ask Lefty". You can ask Lefty Kreh questions or make comments and he will respond to as many as he can. Some of you may not have heard of Lefty Kreh but he is our opinion the best person to learn anything about fly fishing from. And, that's what this board is all about. I talked to him this morning and he is excited about trying it. So am I. There will also be a "Help Desk" for those who are having problems logging on or sending PM's, that kind of thing.

We're open to any ideas or comments. We do want to keep this board on the subject of fly fishing or you could stray a little to hunting or hiking. But of most importance, we want this board to be one you can let your kid log onto. We were kids once too and in my case I was a fly fishing kid.

Please respond.

Byron

Old 01-13-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: New Message Board

I am looking forward to the changes and the addition of 'ask Lefty' to the board. what a 1 year birthday present to all of us on the board to have the opportunity to have have someone with his knowledge available to us. I also look forward to expanding the horizons of the board a little bit to include other activities that are dear to me. Thanks for providing this wonderful forum for us to share.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Oi...well, since the change has been announced, I need to pm Sarah and let her know you all are looking forward to it! *

She and I chatted online for hours last night, but the site changes never came up... we were too busy talking about food and Top Chef and Harry Potter! *

There are alot of really great new features for you all to enjoy on the new message board...so I hope you will look forward to the launch. *

When we make the change, Sarah from Seattle will have to take the board offline to transfer all posts since she migrated the site info for her tests and settings of the new site. *I will have her post a message on the error page that will let you know that the change is taking place. *Then, we will take over the admin of the board and make our changes and tweeks.

This is an exciting change for us. *We have a true expert helping us...and a gal who is invested in making it work...both for us and for her.

Stay posted...you will truly recognize the changes...and I am sure, love them.

Paula
Old 01-15-2007, 11:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

So Paula --

Have you figured out yet who this season's Top Chef is gonna be

I told Chris halfway through the premier episode that Sam is this year's Top Chef

Gerry Romer
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 01-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Administrator

HAHAHA! Top Chef talk at LRO! w00t!

See, I used to like Sam..but he is being a jerk recently. He needs to wash his hair, keep his hands out of his arm pits and quit stirring the pot.

I have always loved Elia...from the very beginning. Classically trained with chefly qualities in her choices of foods, works quietly, has stayed out of the personality conflict garbage, and has a DARLING accent. She may be viewed as too young to win, but she is my pick.

I am going to be at Mandalay Bay later this month, with my Nashville girlfriends...I hope I can run into Elia...she is the Assistant Room Chef there. I'll have to take an apron for her to sign!

Paula

Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 AM

Okay... my prediction.

Final 3: Cliff, Sam, and Marcel

Final 2: Sam, Cliff

Top Chef: Sam - in spite of the armpit thing.

I think Ilan's going home tonight and then Elia will be going home next week. Sorry.

Gerry Romer
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Administrator

ACK!!!! I deleted it!

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry....no way, buddy...so sad...ain't happenin that way!

From the previews: Tonight, major DraHma... and prank gone bad...seems Tom Collichio asks someone to leave the show. There is not an elmination, because of the disqualification.

I predict: Tonight, Cleef (using Elia's accent) packs his knives and goes.

That leaves Top 4: Sam, Ilan, Marcel and Elia (Don't all 4 go to Hawaii? I thought the finale was two weeks long....

Final two: Marcel and Elia

Elia and her stuffed heepo win! (Maybe not, but I hope so!)

Paula
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Hey Paula!

Wanna call it a split? Who'd a thunk that they'd really send four through to the final?? I'm still not convinced that Cliff had to be sent home, but It did make for some funky drama

Gerry Romer
Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Sorry for the Top Chef sidebar y'all...but!

Well, considering what Cliff did to Marcel was likely assault and battery...I guess Bravo decided they should probably cover themselves in the legal department. The thing is, they have let this kind of situation escalate all season long. That was truly painful for me to watch. I read the hype...and I expected some more editing hyjinks from the producers...what they showed was WAY worse than I thought it was going to be. It made me ill.

I read Tom Collichio's blog today, he said they actually thought of dq'ing all of them and having Marcel win by default. Of course, the tv vp's vetoed that idea!

I hope this show focuses more on food in Hawaii finale...as they have all promised it will. I think Bravo is finally getting the idea that what they have shown so far this season is not about the cooking.

Also, they really need to hire a psychiatrist to screen Season 3 contestants...this group was wacko!

Paula
Old 01-18-2007, 05:40 PM

Chef Colicchio has a BLOG

Of course he does... who doesn't these days.

Don't ever forget... it's always all about the ratings

There really isn't another area we could move this discussion to, is there. I mean, after last night I thought about moving it over to Tackle and Gear or, in light of the challenge menu, I thought of Salmon and Steelhead (pun intended of course).

I s'pose that if it bothers enough ff'ers out there we'll have to resort to PM's.

Gerry