Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Crazy Cows!

Went fishing this morning and caught five again... Only this time they were pitiful little things. I probably could have done better, but something wasn't right. The wind was really bad and the middle prong was jammed with fisherman. I just never got into it. When the sun would pop out it seemed like the fish would try to turn on, but then the sun would go away. I'm not complaining, I did catch five Smoky Mountain Rainbows, I just thought today would be better. Stopped by the shop on the way out and casted a bunch of 4wts, they were out of a couple that I want to try, so I'll go back Saturday and try again. I did like the Sage Launch, but I still want to try the St Croix Avid and the TFO Professional. David Carson was heading up middle prong as I was finishing, and I bet he and Josh will do a little better than I did. Conditions were OK, I just wasn't feeling the magic today.

Kevin
Old 01-15-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Crazy Cows!

Maybe the Cows rule.

Byron
Old 01-15-2007, 06:25 PM

I don't know Byron. It wasn't my best effort, but I couldn't have done much better. The wind was aggravating the cast and causing a lot of drag. Let us know how David and Josh did...
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Byron, about these cows. I was driving down I-40 this morning. I glanced over at a billboard on the side of the road. There on the billboard catwalk was a cow STANDING on the back of another STANDING cow. It was painting something about eating "chikin" on the billboard.

Well, I thought this must be some kind of a sign (no pun intended). I figured this could only mean one thing...Trophy Trout biting today!!!! So I grabbed the cell phone and called in sick to work and headed for the mountains.

To make a long story short, I froze my fanny off and caught nothing! Was I doing something wrong? Maybe I need some new equipment?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM

thanks for sharing...