Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 02-17-2007, 10:56 PM

Let me see if I remember this correctly. Dick Davis, president of the Cumberland TU told me that the first thousand presells (which are a must to even produce the tag) will be trackable due to individual chapters making presells. So those chapters will receive the full amount of the rebate for each plate they sell.

After the first year, once renewals and new purchases are no longer traceable, 50% of the rebate will go to TNTU Council to support BTB. The Cumberland chapter will receive so much of the remainder (not to worry, they have a great chapter and are active so the money will be well spent), and the rest will go into a fund for grants (only to be applied for by the local TN TU chapters....Kindly like embrace a stream grants).

Now, I could have missed something or gotten something confused but I think the set up will be pretty close to this.

I know Dick and the Cumberland Chapter have worked really hard on this. It had been tried before and always came up well short of the "get-r-done" phase, but these guys broke through and it looks like they've just about GOT IT DONE!

Killer looking plate to boot.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Are they only available via the Cumberland Chapter? I checked the Appalachian Chapter website and didn't see it and I missed the meeting this month as most months because I was out of town (travel about 27 weeks out of the year so I've not the best attendance record).

If only from Cumberland, do they have a site or are the accessable from the TU website?

I'll go check the TU site, TWRA site and the county clerk site and if I see a viable way to buy I'll come back and post.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:01 PM

Found their chapter website via the TU site. No mention on either site (TU and Chapter).

Checked TWRA site, no mention (though they did good good play to the smallmouth plate so maybe they'll give similar coverage to the brookie plate when the new regs come out).

Checked the State of TN website, specialty plates, ones under consideration only showed an Elvis plate and one other I can't recall.

Checked the Hamilton County Clerk website, nada.

So, not sure if folks are taking preorders or if there is some confusion on that.

If they are, please let us know.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:05 AM

Dave,

I think their website is

www.tuplate.org

Also, contact an officer in your chapter and they should be setup to so presell so they receive the rebate.

If you buy from the TUPlate website, I'm not sure if your chapter will receive the rebate or if it will go to the Cumby chapter.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 PM

That was the link, appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:22 PM

Smile

Sign me up my tag is about to expire tomorrow, hey that as in only one day. You think someone can ruch this through for me
Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 AM

Default new car tag

I went to the courthouse yesterday in Sevierville to renew my truck and the wifes car tags and I asked the clerks about the presell of the new tag. They did not know anything about it. I guess the presell hasn't made its way to E. Tn from Nashville yet.
Does anyone know if the Little river TU chapter is participating in this with the Cumberland chapters?
I missed the last meeting and wonder if they know about it.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 PM

We are. I was at the last meeting and it was covered in detail. There's a web site you can go to, but I haven't yet, it may be available through the Cumberland TU site...
Old 08-03-2007, 07:26 PM

Default TU Brookie Plate Form Online

Not sure when the form to pre-order the TN Brookie License Plate was posted online, but thought I would relink to it for anyone interested:

http://www.tuplate.org/
Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 PM

Thanks for the link, I'd forgot about this... It will be in the mail tomorrow!