Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM

Default FFF in K-town

Butte Irish, I've sent you a couple of PM's with questions but haven't heard back.
Do you have a place to meet yet and how often?
What are the fees and kinds of commitments from members?
I may be interested in attending a meeting to see what its all about. I'm already an LRTU member and try to participate in stream projects within the park as much as possible.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Default FF and blasting cap fuses

Butte,
Your triplet brother here from the Asheville FFF conclave years ago. Dean, you, and I make a LARGE room small! Still tying those fuse bodied hoppers?

I would be more than interested in helping with this.

Phil Brandt
Flat Fly'n

PS..Dave, check your "private message" box on this thing. I have a question to ask you re:conclave. Thanks.

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 03-07-2007 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: old and forgetful
Old 03-08-2007, 02:02 PM

I lived in Nashville before moving here. I belonged and served on the board of our TU Chapter and I am still a life member of Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers. I see no conflict and can only imagine benefits from having an FFF chapter here. I am a founding member of LTCTU also. FFF reaches a broader group of anglers such as warmwater and saltwater fly fishermen. The Southeast Council of FFF has donated and pledged a considerable amount of money to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park fisheries department which provides funding for seasonal staff and the brook trout restoration projects. So, you can count me in. My time is limited but I'm there. I think there is a lot of support here for an FFF club.

I just talked to Stan Smartt. He said to count him in also.

Byron
Old 03-08-2007, 04:08 PM

I have been a member of FFF since 1996. I have never lived close enough to be able to participate in any activities. I would really like to see a club here in the Knoxville area. Count me in if this materializes.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Count me in. I love the work that FFF does. I am with Byron, I don't see a conflict. We are all working for better fisheries of all sorts.

Paula
Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 AM

I'd be interested in joining, although with work and school I couldn't be too much help.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:59 PM

If one was better then one would be able to post more often.

I have had touble with my book mrk for the board. It appears that the nut behind the wheel is creating operator error.

IO will be back this evening with more details.

Butte Irish
Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Default FFF club in Knoxville, TN

I have been watching the thread maybe not as much as I could but there is an interest in this. I asked if there were any takers at 200 reads and not there are 472. I talked with Byron and he gave me permission to post on the thread.

So here is the deal. I will be in the Lodge at Gander Mountain in Knoxville, TN (exit 373) on Saturday March 31, 2007 at 10:30 am to meet with any and all who are interested in forming this club. I will be driving over from spruce Pine, NC and the meet should not last more than an hour or so.

I will explain what the Federation of Fly fishers is as an organization and the steps need to form the Club. It is not hard to do this.

Please reply to this thread or send me an email if you can attend.

My email address is listed in the personal information on this site, in the inside front cover of the Flyfisher, the Magazine of the FFF under Board of directors and Council Presidents and on the secfff.ore website and on the fedflyfishers.org national site. I really do not want to put my email here so please go find it. It may cut down on the spam I get.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you at Gander Mountain.

David Duffy (Butte Irish)
President Southeastern Council
Federation of Fly Fishers
Member Board of Directors
Old 03-29-2007, 07:45 AM

Default David

I'm not able to be at Gander mountain this saturday (I have a fishing trip planned since ages ago). I am however interested in forming a club if there are enough interest in the Knoxville area. Keep me updated and Good Luck.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Talking

So do I need a head count to satisfy my curisoity and justify my wife going shoping in Knoxville?

Dave Irish