Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 01-31-2007, 12:00 PM

Default two topics

1. Finding a members name/info, etc:
Just learned from Byron how to easily alphabetize the members list for board name info finding:
On first message board site: Click 'members'. In upper right hand corner click 'sort by: names'. That will change the 'by date' listing to alphabetized by board name.

2. In my opinion, if we all had a nice embossed name tag to wear showing the LRO logo, our Board name and then under that in smaller letters our 'real' name it would help us meet and identify each other while in the LRO store, at members gatherings in the future and as well as serve as an ice breaker while on the streams to other members as well as creating conversations with other folks seeing us fishing. Byron says that he knows a place to order them for us in the area. Seems like a good idea to me! What are your thoughts?

Choctaw

Old 01-31-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: two topics

I wouldn't want to wear a name tag everywhere. I have been thinking about haveing LRO window stickers though. I meant to talk to Byron about it last Saturday when I was there for the tying class.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:00 PM

I'll second the LRO board window sticker...good idea Griff!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 01-31-2007, 06:16 PM

Love the sticker idea, and I would consider a subdued patch for my vest. I can't imagine losing my whole vest, but if I did that patch would be handy. And I'll admit I stop and speak with virtually every FF on the stream and I do try to feel them out and see if they are on the board. That's how we hooked up with green weenie one day on the clinch...
Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 PM

Bumper, window and patch! I like them all!
How about a full line of Authentic Little River Fishing gear and attire? Hello Little River- Good by Fish pond. Nothing against Fish Pond but something local would be awesome!

Mark...

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 PM

I love the patch idea. I have them plastered on my pack from my trips. It disappoints me that I don't have one from LRO.

Dude
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 PM

I would go for a bumber sticker or a license plate that can displayed when my old Nissan truck is parked next to the road. Great way to hook up with fellow board members and also advertise for LRO.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

Have y'all noticed the LRO license plate frames for your vehicles? They're on the little kiosk next to the wall of leaders and tippet material. Hey, it's a start

I've already got my LRO long-billed hat

Gerry
"I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 AM

I've displayed my LRO license plate frame for years and usually wear a LRO hat or shirt when fishing. I would go for a window sticker also. A patch on a vest or shirt would be a nice "ice breaker" when we encounter fellow fly fishers along the streams.

g <*))))><
Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 AM

You guys are not only good fly fisherman and good board 'teachers' but darn good salesmen, too!!! Thanks for the better suggestions! You've convinced me...really. My idea for the name badge was good but doesn't hold a shadow against the suggestions for vest patches, the window stickers, the bumper stickers... and the excitement started on this subject.

Byron, as you can see, here's an opportunity for some great advertising and will bring more folks into LRO to pick up the items. Plus it creates enthusiasm for the sport and encourages fellowship stream side, too!

Choctaw