Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Book Reviews

I have read FireholeFirehole River Murder: Yellowstone Fly-Fishing Mystery Series by Raymond Kieft, it was OK, I would recomend it. Sort reminded me of some of the Navada Bar books. Good mystery that keeps you trying to figure out who done it. Just recieved Trout Dude, flying to Orlando this afternoon to attend a Homebuilders convention. I am gonna start reading it on the flight.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM

Sounds like I may need to try the Firehole River Murder. I am currently into both Marley and Me (it is almost as if I am reading my last six years with Baxter my 90 lb lab and family) and Roosevelt's Wilderness Hunter. Both good reads, Roosevelt has a way of taking you back to that era of adventure.

Two books not mentioned on the thread yet are Good Flies by Gierach and Trout Flies by Dave Hughes. Both are on the top of my list of fly tying books with worn pages and bits of hair and feathers flying out every time I open them.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

Trouttater,
I have a 2yr old lab, Molly. A little bit after I got her (well rescued her from abandonment) I picked up "Marley and Me". I laughed so hard I had to shut the book and NOTICE do not finish the book while you are around people. YOU WILL CRY. Ive read it twice and cried my eyes out both times.......

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Cogan's Woods

Picked this book up at LRO a couple of weeks ago. While not about trout fishing, Coogan's Woods is about remembering and in so many ways brings out the best in what really makes a memory much the way fly fishing does. Highly recommend this book.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Another great read

Here's another one. I Just re-read "Strangers in High Places" by Michael Frome. This without question, is the best factual account of the history of the Smokies, east TN and west NC. If your a history buff and want a very detailed account of the GSMNP this book has it. Its a must for anyone intrested in our region.