Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 02-04-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Super Bowl and Fishing

Well, this is a bit off topic but who is everyone pulling for in the Super Bowl? I'm going for the Colts since Peyton Manning is a UT boy. 8-) Just to keep this a little bit about fishing, who all was able to fish this weekend? I was wanting to run up to the Hiwassee today but they are running two generators and I don't feel like wading in that current today.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 02-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Super Bowl and Fishing

20 knot winds out of the NW, wind chill below zero here in IN, good day to chat about fishing and watch the game GO COLTS!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT

LETS GO BEARS!! I started to hit the SoHo today but I just went for a hike instead. Forgot my camera though so not pics for the board. Nice to get out since its so darn cold here. I built a little fire and roasted marshmallows and sang Jimmy Buffet to the top of my lungs. (Just kidding about the singing, I do that in the car.) Just ate a few marshmallows and coffee for lunch so Im starvin'- I cant wait till this evening. HOT WINGS, HOT WINGS! Im rootin for the Bears just cuz I dont like Peyton...sorry PA.

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 02-04-2007, 04:44 PM

have to go with the Colts....most of my employees in Indy area are big Colts fans and I gotta support them.....as for fishing, cut a 8" hole in the ice and snaged a few small crappie.....

buckeyetrouter
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 02-04-2007, 04:45 PM

I hope the Colts win just so we don't have to listen to "Can Peyton win the big one?" for god knows how long. I didn't follow football at all this year. I was fishing almost every Saturday and Sunday in the most beautiful place ever created... Please let the Colts win!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm not kidding. Until now I didn't know who was playing in the Super Bowl. Fairly narrow focused, huh?

Byron
Old 02-04-2007, 04:57 PM

Gotta pull for the Colts:

1. The Peyton/Archie New Orleans Connection...local boy makes good; it doesn't seem that long ago, but I can remember when he was lighting up the local prep football scene. Of course, I'm happy for Archie too - I can't tell you how many times I sat in the Superdome, watching him run for his life behind the porous Saints O-Lines of that era.

2. They aren't the Bears...I don't dislike the Bears team itself - they won fair and square against my Saints 2 weeks ago, but I can't help but think if we got another crack at them, we would beat them by 30 points...we were moving the ball on them, just made too many mistakes. No, my problem is with the obnoxious Bear fans; trash-talking is one thing, assault is another - a lot of Saints fans went up to Chicago, and there were a lot of ugly incidents up there - I guess those people up there can't handle a little liquor. I feel sorry for the Bears if they ever play us in New Orleans for a playoff game.

All that being said, if I were betting this game (which I'm not), I would take the Bears and the points...I wouldn't be surprised if they won.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Colts all the way! *When he left UT I told my friends that he would break all NFL records and go down in history as the best QB of all time. *He may do just that! *Didn't do any FF,but I did get out and break my cabin fever by backpacking. *The fresh snow this weekend made it all the more sweet! *

* * Mark...

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 02-04-2007, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to FFM4LIFE

I'm rootin for the Colts! Like PA said,Peyton is a UT boy. I'm havent fished in almost a month its been to cold,but I just started tying flies and i've been doing alot of tying. I hope to get on the water some time soon so i can try out my flies!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:27 PM

The only fishing to be done here in Indiana is through a hole in the ice as buckeyetrouter already stated and I didn't even get to do that this weekend.

The SB thing is a little tough for me since I grew up a Bears fan long before the Colts moved to Indy. That being said I am a bigger fan of Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy, having followed Manning through his years at UT (GO VOLS!) and Dungy since his time at Tampa Bay. Their character both on and off the field make them deserving of a SB title in my opinion. I'm sick of the "can't win the big one" wrap also. Thsoe guys are already winners in my opinion!

GO COLTS!

gary in indiana <*))))><