Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 02-21-2006, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to 3flies
Default Cookout???

How many folks would be interested in getting together in Townsend or in the park for a cookout on a Friday evening and then hitting the streams on Saturday?
It would be a good oppurtunity to meet everybody and swap fish tales. We could pair up and fish together on Saturday.
PM or e-mail me and if there is enough interest we can get with Byron and see if he thinks it will float.
Just us ordinary fishers, no famous people or fly tying lessons. I was thinking in April or May. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Cookout???

I'm in for that! I'm going to try and take a spring vacation in Townsend this year. Just name the date and I'm there!

owl
Old 02-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Administrator

It's a party!!!!! .....we love a party

Hope you all will plan it....Just let us know if you get something together...

Paula
Old 03-05-2006, 06:52 PM

I'm suprised there hasn't been a better response to this topic. I'd be down for some good time camping & fly fishing to celebrate the warmer weather that is fast approaching. A chance to learn from others that enjoy the outdoor opportunities that we all appreciate would be invaluable to the first-timers & I would think also to those that have been doing it for years. Just name the time and the place!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to christopher Send a message via Yahoo to christopher

YES..i would be interested in a camp/coolout/fihing weekend....Let me know when or where, so i can plan my weekend away
Old 03-05-2006, 07:36 PM

Someone mentioned that this would be a good chance to learn from experience fisher persons. If we get enough interest we could try to pair up a beginner with an experienced fisher person. They would need to have thier own equipment and know some basic casting. I have taught several to fly fish to the point that they could catch fish on thier own. If there is not enough interest in a cookout and next day fishing trip I could meet with a few folks for breakfast and then fish that day. I am not a guide or professional and I am not trying to take away any business from LRO. This would be of interest to those who can't afford lessons at any rate. If you are out of state and want to come down for a get together let me know some dates that would fit your schedule.
Eddie
Old 03-05-2006, 11:15 PM

It would be cool to meet some of ya'll and fish. Probably fishing on a Sunday would work better for me. Just let me know when and where!

David Knapp
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 03-06-2006, 07:50 AM

David,

Thanks for replying. I will let you know what is decided. Sundays are alright with me to. Some may not want to miss church, but we may be able to work something out.

By the time I finish speaking to everyone you may feel like you have been to church. I will not offend any non-believers. Just a few words about being responsible for our environment. Sound appropiate??

Eddie
Old 03-24-2006, 01:57 PM

I would be interested in a Party! I just read this post because I rarely look at the New Members area. I wonder if you would post in Smoky Mountain Park section if you would get a better response?

Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
- Henry David Thoreau
Old 03-24-2006, 02:27 PM

Chris,
Good idea. I did'nt know where I should have posted. As the weather improves I will post again in SMP section to see if there is a better response.
Thanks.