Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 AM

Default strippers

has anyone ever waded at kingston steam plant this time of year and fished for strippers.i know they are there now.just sounds like fun for something to do in feburary
Old 02-06-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: strippers

I have known guys who fish for them from boats, didn't know you could wade over there. If that is possible and you are looking for someone to go let me know. Let us know how it works out if you go.
Best,
John
Old 02-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Oh, have to jab a little. I knew there were stripers there, thought the strippers were at the Mouse's ear or the Katch!
Best,
John
Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Calling them strippers sure got my attention!!! I have no idea about stripers, but you can see all the strippers you want at Last Chance (30 beautiful ladies, 1 ugly one). It's on Alcoa Hwy, between Knoxville and Alcoa, won't need a boat to get there.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:22 PM

wow, so much for spell check.I saw a guy wading friday off the first point past boat ramp. we should give it a try.who knows might catch a STRIPER or 2.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 PM

STRIPPERS!

oh
Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Personally, that's the only reason I fish.....the strippers.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM

Wow! Yes it could be fun in febuary! However I think this sport is enjoyed year round. A few tips for catching these species are as follows; Take lots of cash, preferably $1 dollar bills, and leave your atm card at home so you don't do anything stupid while your searching. I also have to second the wade opinion in regards to it would be along wade! You have certainly brought new meaning to wet a line and tight lines!

Spell check is our friend! And I must add I'm speechless!

On a more serious note, I have heard good things about fishing there and just down the road for skipjack herring! They are a fight on spin gear and I can't imagine catching one on a fly....Another great suggestion to make for skipjack is Melton Hill dam when the water warms up.....Go during generation and be prepared to do a lot of roll casting and mending!!! U might get lucky and land a trophy Striper ..

Fishermansfly
Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 PM

Yea kinda like those ads that start off in big bold text that say SEX, just to get your attention- it worked
Anyway yea I have fished over at the steam plant for Stipers (not with a fly rod though). There is an area that you can wade out to the left of the plant(facing it). Have had some luck in the past but it has been several year since I have done it. One word of advice, don't wear felt soled boots because the bottom is very muddy & you WILL fall in if have felt on!