Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Clinch tomorrow

Has anyone found out any definate resolution about anglers using the church parking lot to fish that section....

As it used to be, you had to park between the jail and impound lot, by the dumpsters...

Then you were told to go to the other side to the boat ramp to put in an wade up...

Running Wolf? You out there with any real time info?

I haven't fished that section since they broke ground because of the churches hesitation to have anglers around during construction and then there was a question as to wether legitimate access was going to be granted to non congregation members to use the property as river access due to insurance issues and then having to deal with irresponsible individuals that has fuel the flames of public river access / high water mark vs private land owner debates on the clinch...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:40 PM

yeah, gotta love that nice long run on sentence - sorry, but then again, I'm no english teacher niether...
Old 02-07-2007, 06:02 PM

The last time I went to the section behind the jail was over the christmas season. I parked in the chruch parking becuase there is a sign by the dumpsters that states no parking at the jail. When I was there a chruch member went into the chruch and said nothing to me. So I hope it will stay that way as long as people respect the chruch property. If you can't park at the church or jail you can park at the soccer fields and walk up behind the road to access the river. Be careful of the alarm behind the jail. I love the that section of the clinch.

Patrick
Old 02-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to FFM4LIFE

redc4man ,

It's just a little above the weir. Not even a half a mile. Personally its one of my favorite places to fish on the clinch.

FFM4LIFE
Old 02-07-2007, 08:32 PM

OK.... Today was not so great. I managed to hook a few, but only brought one to my hand and it was on an emerger I bought from LRO. It was cold, windy and cold & windy. Saw some others doing OK, but I lost interest. I'm gonna have to wait for some better weather. That wind was tough!

Kevin
Old 02-07-2007, 09:36 PM

I was down at the weir today, landed a ton of small rainbows and browns, 1 decent sized rainbow, and lost a really nice one after a nice little fight. I caught most on a small zebra midge, and 1 on a soft hackle that I tied up. The wind was tough, but didn't have to cast to far.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 PM

Congrats 2 u!!! The wind aggravated my body temp more than my cast.... No wind knots, just wind chill!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:33 PM

so you didn't catch one on a fly you tied? go ahead and get some quill gordons and BWOs tied up. I feel them coming soon.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:05 PM

Not this time... but I will! It was sooooo cold. The biggest problem was that I forgot my stocking cap. Without it I was freezing! I took a couple of blousing straps and tried to protect my ears, but it just made me look stupid. At least the fish got a good laugh...