Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 02-26-2007, 09:48 AM

Default North Fork Citico Creek

Good to al. Hope everyone that got to fish this weekend caught a couple. I would like to know if anyones know info on the North fork Of Citico creek. Is it a brook stream? Thanks for the help

Patrick
Old 02-26-2007, 07:41 PM

Way up in there you might find one or two but it is mainly a rainbow stream. I haven't fished it since the late nineties. You like both the south and north fork if you like small streams. Good Luck
Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 AM

Hans

Thanks for the info. May try to fish it this summer.

Patrick
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM

I took my dog up there last summer. We didn't do any fishing, just hiking around. We turned over some rocks and found some pretty big stonefly nymphs. We also found a copperhead and saw a bear.

That water looks great for small stream fishing but I think Hans is correct that it will mostly be rainbows.

Good luck!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM

I have fished the Citico a couple of times in the past few years. It's a nice little stream. I have caught only rainbows. It is a stocked stream with some wild fish in the upper reaches. I have seen more snakes in the Citico and Bald River stream systems than I have seen in any other areas of Tennessee or North Carolina, and I have fished most of the major stream systems. Have fun, but keep a close eye out for snakes.

Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
- Henry David Thoreau
Old 03-02-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Citico is a pretty place....

I like Citico. It is one of the first places I cut my teeth trout fishing and have spent many camping trips back there over the years.

One thing to keep in mind, while the upper branches of Citico contain wild trout they also contain hardcore woodsmen. Come the start of hunting season when the leaves start to change you better watch yourself and wear something bright so you don't wind up with a bullet hole or an arrow firmly planted in you.

They set up hunting camps and hunt it hard up there.

Petey
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Snakes..

Gonna haft to agree with these guys about the snakes.. Know two people who were bitten by copperheads fishing up there.. Know of several other close calls.. Have also seen 5' rattlesnakes in that area.. So if ya head up that way just keep an extra close watch for them...

Marmot