Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Where'd ya get that screen name?

Just got out my vette, washed it, changed the oil and took a few pics. This is my third Corvette and that's where my screen name comes from...

redc4man = red fourth generation corvette man

How did you guys come up with your screen names?

Old 03-02-2007, 04:29 PM

The Green Weenie was the first, and so far the only, fly I have tied that actually caught fish.

Also, I think it's funny...
Old 03-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Well, the mtn. man part is pretty self explanatory, unfortunately i don't live close enough to the mountains.........
The 28 and 88 come from my work. I work for a team in the motorsports industry and those numbers carry alot of meaning for me.

I think this is a great topic, by the way.

Craig
Old 03-02-2007, 06:06 PM

Red face Well....

some folks will probably be bored by this, but I am gonna bore them just the same. LOL

I have to tell you the story of my first internet name....errr..second internet name actually...

Back in 1996 - or was it 97 or 98? Anyway, back a long time ago I was up late one night trying to think of a nickname like all the other cool people had on a trout fishing board that was my home for about 7 years. It was about 3 am and I was a little giddy from the lack of sleep and about my 4th Mountain Dew that night. Then, like a bolt of light'nin it hit me!

FISHLICKER !

Well, before I could stop giggling about it, my wife woke up and demanded that I either come to bed and shut up, or just shut up so she could sleep! But before she went back to bed I asked her what she thought of the name....she rolled her eyes and stumbled back into the bedroom. So, sitting there about to hit the "enter" key and launch the online life of "fishlicker", I had second thoughts about it. . . and I came up with something more in line with my posting habits and nature. You see, all my life I've loved to stay up late. Not so I can sleep in mind you...it's just as if I'm thinking in the back of my head that if I sleep I might miss something. This has only gotten worse with age, I might add and it keeps me up alot even now. So, anyway, at the last minute, I hit the back button ten times, and typed in " NightOwl ." My wife thought I'd made a much better decision as that would keep her from being " Mrs. Fishlicker " online(when I spoke of her)...although now that's become a reality as you can see. LOL
People didn't really like typing out "NightOwl" apaprently and it soon got shortened to just "Owl" after a few transformations and name-change operations over the first few years. At different times I logged on as "NiteOwl", "The Owl", "Patriot Owl" ( a few years before 9-11 actually) and just "owl."
Although I never seemed to find any trouble over here on LRO's board, I found plenty elsewhere. I seem to have this habit of saying what I mean( and what I think) without runnning the idea through the 'ole Candy-coating machine. I've been called alot of things by alot of people, from polarizing to troublemaker to some things I can't post. In the past I've been a thorn in the side of the GA DNR and a pesky troublemaker to some TU folks ...but I do manage to have some freinds that understand me and don't run when they see me show up at some gathering of flyfishers. ( Ok, two friends, and yeeeessss one of them is my mother. geesh.)

So, a few weeks ago, "owl" was being drug through the mud on a site I haven't been on ( in a legit manner anyway) in a couple of years. (And on a side note - remember when you read replies back and forth between two or more people, there may be things going on, or things said offline that you may not know about or even want to know in some cases)I like to have fun and that carries over to practical jokes and poking fun at folks on the net - and some people just don't have a sense of humor or like it when you remind them ...well, of stuff let's just say. So anyway, I'm not the same person I was 8 or 9 years ago, but in internet lore "owl" will always be the guy that started all the flame-wars and insulted everyone he ever met, and has no friends and cheats at cards and robs little old ladies...oh, and plays the victim - boo hoo hoo fer me..whah, whah, whah. ........... but in real life( and more recently I suppose) I'm not as bad as all that....and I decided to turn my message board over to one of the most active and best qualified members, change my name to the first internet name I had( well, almost) and join in the ranks of the normal posters. I see however, that I'm posting more than the average user still. Sorry about that.

Anyway, all that to say that I thought fishlicker was a funny name back in the late 90's and I guess I still do - and I'm mostly a funny guy...........who murders little bunnies in their sleep.

( GOOD HEAVENS, I DON'T HURT LITTLE BUNNIES - IT WAS A JOKE! )

Sorry this was three years long, btw. I like to type. It's Mavis Beacon's fault. lol

Oh, and people still call me "owl" though - heck, I have emails and other online stuff with that nic on them - and it's ok really.....I don't hate that guy...I'm just not as much him as I used to be, apparently. And that's probably a good thing. But this fishlicker doode is as longwinded as owl ever was huh? hahahahahhaahha

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have to work, but I'll check in to see if anyone can out bore everyone with their name stories. I'm betting on me though. ha.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Default screen name?

I was born with it! Its also my last name. My dad is a crappie fisherman and to the best of my knowledge has never caught a trout or ever cast a flyrod. I'm glad my name isn't Crappieman! I would have never lived it down in school!
My aviatar is from a drawing I did. I used to paint and draw alot but now its just a hobby.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Troutman, hilarious. As soon as I read "my dad is a crappie fisherman", Crappieman was the first thing that popped into my head. Mine came from my sister, a nickname she has called me for a while. Its the only thing that rhymes with Cadillac, to my knowledge. I think it originated from a Snoop Dogg song where he says something about an '83 Cadillac, and I was born in 1983, so I'm an '83 Patillac, cause my names Pat. Get it?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Imagine this: It’s a sunny may 87 degree day on a cool mountain stream. You happen upon a nice long pool with an assortment of small and large rocks. Remaining low you creep ever so close into the perfect position. On one knee and with a few false casts you lay the fly ever so gently on the gin clear water next to a small fallen limb. A small twitch of the fly…a small twitch of the fly… and like a torpedo the water explodes as the caddis gets sucked into a vortex of a large brown trout! Any Questions

Mark….

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Well my is kinda self explanatory. The MMorgan is for my name Matt Morgan and then the 135 is the weight I wrestled at for my junior and senior year. That time of my life represents some of the hardest work and most dedicated years in my life so far. I would go back and do those last two years again in a heart beat and this time walk away with a 1st place medal in the state. Man I love that sport
Old 03-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Administrator

I have no idea where I got my name!

ps...as in post script?

The other part, I married.

I have a real handle on another site I post on...the site that Sarah from Seattle owns (the gal who helped us with our message board conversion). I have well over 1000 posts on that site and have been a member since 2005. Sometimes, I have a hard time remembering where I am posting...I have to remember to sign my posts here as Paula and not my handle from the other site!

Paula
Old 03-02-2007, 10:17 PM

Born and raised on the Cumberland Plateau...my dad took me fishing as a kid and I became an angler (the fish have regretted THAT ever since), hence the Plateau Angler came into being!
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com