Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Meet the New Members > New Members Board

Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Great Fly Shop And Great Town(send)!

My wife and I have been coming to the Smokies (mostly Townsend) for twenty years now. Usually a week in mid-May and a week in mid-September. I sure hope I can retire down there. I have only been fly fishing for about four years seriously. I love to read the daily outlook for fishing on your site everyday. They moved Troutfest to mid-May this year, so I will finally get to be there! My wife and I are not afraid to hike, so if anyone will depart with info on remote fishing spots in the Smokies, I wouldn't mind hearing about them. Keep up the good work!
"Your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there." -John Gierach
Old 03-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Welcome to the board! If you want to find some good remote water, just grab a map of the park, find a decent sized stream with a good trail and start walking. Go at LEAST a couple of miles from the trailhead and for even better fishing, go 4-5 miles or more.
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 03-04-2007, 10:56 PM

Welcome Brutus,

I've done alot of hiking and backcountry camping and my map is my best friend! As I always say " Plan your hike and hike your plan!" I pick out a blue line and let the exploration begin. I say this because If you plan your own hike/fish you are more likely not to see anyone else and hopefully encounter some virgin water. IMHO, the more remote the better! Good luck to you and happy hiking/fishing.

* Many times going "off trail" with give you some fatastic fishing and vistas!

http://www.mtff.org/ (For general interest in the Middle Tennessee area)
Old 03-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Brutus, oh my gosh...where to start? There are SO many trails that follow streams...and Byron and I have hiked and camped on and fished many of them. We would be so happy to show you the way! I am sure with your time spent in the Park you already know them all. But, either give us a call, or come by the shop and we can highlight a map...or just wait...many members of this board will chime in, I am sure! Back country fishing is great because many people won't take the time to go there. If you are willing to hike for dumb fish, you are in!

Welcome to the board!

Paula