Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > General Fly Tying

Old 03-17-2007, 01:08 PM

ok.....count me in....I'm either going to tie quill gordons or thunderhead dry...

buckeyetrouter
Go BUCKEYES....uhmm and Go Vols
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Smoky Mtn Pattern fly swap

Count me in also. I've traded flies alot with friends so this sounds like fun.
I'll submit a truly local Smoky Mtn. pattern called the "Cottontop" or "George Nymph". I use these in fairly large sizes as a stonefly but also in smaller sizes as an attractor below a dry. The late Eddie George originated this pattern. Hope I can do it justice!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:53 PM

Smile fly swap

I think I'm gonna tie the rubber legged red-copper john. Hope this pattern is Smoky mountain enough.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:52 PM

O.K.......so who is the Swap Manager so we know who is going to be coordinating this.........the SM can make sure we don't have duplicate flies
and get everyone going (actually I ordered a bunch of material from LRO just this morning to get started )............... another ?.....if there are only a handful of participants, should we maybe tie two for each one involved? I just know that as a very effective Branch Manager, I loose my share of flies in the trees and if I only have one.....well, you know #$*@&$%$(

just my thoughts
buckeyetrouter
(how 'bout them bucks) - this could be bad, the bucks and vols are in the same bracket......uh-oh
Old 03-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyetrouter View Post
I just know that as a very effective Branch Manager, I loose my share of flies in the trees and if I only have one.....well, you know #$*@&$%$(
Branch Manager...LOL...that's funny right there.

OK guys, it looks like we have enough for a swap. I would be happy to be the SM if nobody objects. Make sure to read the link that I posted earlier, it will answer a lot of questions. Any Smokey Mountain pattern will be fine. I will try to tie a softhackle, I've never tied one before so I reserve the right to change my pattern later. We will limit this swap to 12 tiers including myself, so there is still room for a few more tiers. If we don't get anymore tiers, we might go to 2 of each pattern as suggested by Buckeye.

All those who believe in Telekinesis, please raise my hand.

50.67% of all statistics are made up.

Last edited by Griff; 03-21-2007 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-17-2007, 06:58 PM

By my count, we have at least seven participants, so we could do the two fly swap without too much trouble. I'm game either way. I am torn between tying either the Smoky Mtn Candy or my most successful mountain pattern which is the Hare's Ear Parachute. I will try and remember to call Daniel on Monday. Maybe we could send the flies to LRO and I will run up there and distribute them on a Sat. or one day after work.

Buckeye, can your boys make the Tourney any more exciting. Lets see if the Vols can make us proud tomorrow. It all depends on which team shows up. Go Vols!!!

Brad
Old 03-17-2007, 07:00 PM

Griff,

Looks like we were typing at the same time. That will be great if you will be the SM and going with the Smokies theme, count me in for Smoky Mtn. Candy.

Brad
Old 03-17-2007, 08:45 PM

wow......I was all ready to start looking forward to next year when we have another 7 footer coming in who is as good as Oden but can hit fromt he 3 pt line also......guess I'll have to stick with the cardiac kids for a few more games.....ya know we could end up playing each other in the next game.....that would be awsome.......

hey Griff.....that one lone tree behind the ranger housing at elkmont that looks like it is adorned with hundreds of earings, look closer....those are fly donations from Abby and I.........

buckeyetrouter
Old 03-18-2007, 04:28 PM

I'm in. I'm thinking about either a Jim Charley or a Hazel Creek. I've seen both tied by Roger Lowe.
Dude

Last edited by TroutDude; 03-18-2007 at 05:14 PM..
Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Buckeye, how 'bout this for a warranty? I think it is pretty fair.... really lookig forward to seeing you all's work. Thanks for letting me participate.

"LIMITED WARRANTY

For consideration, in hand exchanged, the undersigned tyer, hereby represents and warrants that the materials attached hereto (hereinafter refered to as "flies") are, more or less, free from defects (sorta) and probably won't come apart. Further, the undersigned tyer represents that he/she cleaned up the tying area pretty soon after tying the flies so as not to incur the wrath of the undersigned tyers signficant However, nothing in this really limited warranty should be construed as a guarantee that it will actually catch fish work or be fit for any purpose. The undersigned tyer does represent and warrant that the flies aforementioned, will, if throw with sufficient force and with the required amount of lack of planning, snag, inter alia, clothing, ears, hats, eyes, trees, children, cats, dogs.

If you, as the recipient, are not completely satisfied with the above referenced and described flies, please return such flies, attached and affixed to a 9' 5wt custom bamboo fly rod along with a sufficient remuneration to fund an exploratory trip to Kamchatka to test the efficacy and trout-worthiness of said flies."