Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Wader Bags?

Hello all,
I am in the market for a wader bag and would appreciate any suggestions. I mainly want a bag that I can fit both my wading boots and waders in and something that has a vented for the wet objects. I would also like something that has room for dry storage also. Thank you all in advance for your help.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 AM

I assume the one you were talking about was the barbed wire bag from fishpond? It looks really nice, like all fishpond stuff, but it is rather pricey for a wader bag. That's not to say i don't want one, but i don't know. You can't go wrong with fishpond's stuff, though. I'm kinda partial to the cimarron wader bag myself, but don't see myself buying it anytime soon..........

Craig
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 AM

Hopefully it's not overly taboo to mention a piece of gear not offered at LRO (sorry!), but I'm very happy with my White River wader bag from Bass Pro Shops. It has enough room for waders up top, boots on the bottom, and it's less than $60. I too love fishpond stuff (I'll swear by my sagebrush vest), but it does require that level of investment that can put marriages in jeopardy. Got to cut corners where we can.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:50 PM

if you just want something to simply throw your waders in, simms makes a bag that's only about $30. it'll hold your boots, waders, and has a small waterproof pocket on the side. also has mesh top w/ drawstring. bag also has 2 "backpack" style straps so you can wear it that way or throw it over your shoulder. also won't allow water to leak all over your trunk.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Just a side note to let everyone know I splurged on the Fishpond Yellowstone Bag. Wife told me to go for it, so who am I to argue! I must say that the bag is very nice and keeps the wet stuff seperate from the dry...it's really nice to only carry this bag + rod out the door on a trip (I used to carry one pair of boots, a bag for the waders, the vest on a hanger, a rod, + any other stuff {Just ask MTNMAN about the comedic ordeal getting out the door with all my gear}). IMO it is well worth the money I spent and the wife's happy I take up less space in storage now also! Thanks for the replies everyone.