Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 03-28-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Clinch River Regs

The idea of a slot limit in place on the Clinch does make the most sense. Enforcement is the only obstacle to a quality fishery after that though.I was never checked on the river. I can only wonder why this avenue wasn"t taken years ago. Slot limits have been around other places for years.

mstone

p.s. thanks to those who were able to
attend and report on the meeting.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Emailed my letter today!

I've been fishing the Clinch since 1982. I've spent a lot of time on the river and have seen 1 TWRA game warden in all those years. He didn't bother to check my license!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Young Uns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK young uns! FFM4LIFE and 15yearlold........and SIVAD, and the rest of you young guys and gals out there. This is YOUR river too. Did you young people voice your opinions on what to do? If you think catching a 7" fish is thrilling and it is, wait until one rips you into your backing, and your arm gets so tired you think it's going to fall off. That's what used to be on that river, and was pretty common.

The only reason we have some great fishing in this country is because of the people before us....so make sure you write in and tell the commission what you want to see. Don't think your voice does not count. Being an activist is not a bad word, if it's for the right thing.

Flat Fly'n
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Clinch Regs: TWRA Commission

We will see what happens with the new regs.............fingers crossed!

I am happy to say that I received a response to my email, the same day. They even answered my question, so I know they read the email.

Send in your thoughts to the web address Flat-Fly-N posted.

Hope all have a good weekend,

John