Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 PM

The buggers are commercial as I don't tie at all. Don't know the length of the hook. Had to go to a size 6 this weekend untill next shipment arrives. Caught good fish on the size 6 but not as many fish as on the 8. May have to go with a bigger leader cause I got broke off on 5x more than once. I felt the rod shake like you hit it with a stick or something, no tug , or hit; just a real hard smash and grab job. Black with silver flashing is working to. There hasn't been any shad kill coming through for the last two weeks, but when the water rises the fish expect them to be there, so you need to be there!
Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Caney article

Flat Fly N, I read an article in the TN Sportsman magazine today about the Caney and how great a fishery it has become. It had several picts. and directions to access the river. I wonder if Mr. Fiss had anything to do with that? I haven't read anything on the Clinch in a long time. Hmmm. Wonder why?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Default 3700 Cfs

Caney is wet this week. Better bring a boat. Generation from 6am To 10pm so far every day this week and for tomorrow. After all the rain, they are pulling the lake down as fast as they can. No wading for me!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Fishing from a boat

Hey Realtyman,
Is it easy to run the river with a 16 big jon w/25 hp ? I'm concerned about rocks , barely submerged trees, etc. Thought about trying it this weekend.

mstone
Old 04-19-2007, 01:33 PM

When the water is up, you won't have any trouble at all. At "low tide" when the generators are off then you are gonna have trouble. Even canoes get caught in the riffles where the water is shallow. Now if you had aRiverhawk with a jet mtr then you can do anything you want to. I gotta get one!

Currently running 1 generator from 6-10 with a discharge of 3700cfs. That's alot of water to fish in.

Last edited by Realtyman; 04-19-2007 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: added text