Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM

I'm bumping this one. It is getting to be that time of year again. Let's see how we can get this going. If we can get this going on week night in Knoxville I would be most happy. I am a member of TU in Maryville and we have a chapter in Knoxville as well as in Clinton. I think now is the time to get a Federation of Fly Fishers club in the Knoxville area. I'm hoping we can get enough people to at least do some river clean ups both inside the park, and in Townsend as Byron has suggested in another thread. I'm also interested in clean up on the Clinch. I'm in no way trying to compete with TU it's just that Knoxville need another organization to complement what we already have. Let's hope Dave Duffy is still interested in helping us. I can probably get this going with some support from the veterans.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up Count me in...

Hans,

As a fellow Knoxvillian, I would definitely support this cause. I recently joined up with the LRTU chapter, but I think there is room enough in my life for another organization dedicated to the same ideas.

Glad you pushed this again.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:09 PM

Hans
I have also talked to Dave Duffy about this and have down loaded the forms.
we just have to pick a week night that would work, we can have it at Gander Mtn.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

I'm in. Send me an email if/when this gets going and I will be more than happy to help. Always look forward to meeting new fly fishermen. ScottJPaulson@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM

smokyfisher!

Sounds like you are one step ahead of me, that's is great news. Do you want to take the lead to see if we can coordinate this somehow. I'm committed to something else on Thursday nights for six weeks or so but any other night will work for me. I'm not sure how we can coordinate this. Anyway, my email is ahlstedt@knology.net. Email and I will give you my phone numbers and such.

Montana and back country and everyone else, let's spread the word and see if we can get everyone's email as a start so we can coordinate to meet.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:41 AM

I'd love to join as well. Let us know when the meetings occur!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 AM

Count me in again as well Hans. If I remember correctly, Dave told me we needed at least 5 people to start a local chapter.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Update: We are trying to get this going. I have spoken with one person who is going to contact Gander Mountain here in Knoxville to see about the availability of their meeting room. We are tentatively going to try for a Tuesday night and we are hoping to get a start up meeting sometime in November or so. If you are seriously interested in this please email me at ahlstedt@knology.net so I can get a tally for this. We are going to be affiliated with Federation of Flyfishers as a charter club. Keep the emails coming and this could be a great fun thing to do.

IF YOU HAVE SHOWN AN INTEREST AND MADE A POST PLEASE EMAIL, TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE SO I CAN BEGIN A TALLY. sorry for the shouting.

Thanks,
Old 09-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

e-mail sent. Looking forward to meeting ya'll.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Default I'm in too

Hans just emailed you!