Home QLinks New Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Conservation Organizations and Fly Fishing Clubs

Old 10-04-2007, 02:05 PM

Default I'm in...

Hans,

Just sent you an email. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 PM

Default ff club

Hans I am interested also I will email you
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Update on FFF in Knoxville

To all who has posted or sent me email. I will not respond toe each individual until I know for sure when and where this first inaugaral meeting will take place. I'm in contact with a person here in Knoxville who has been shopping around for a place to meet and I will let everyone know when we got it nailed down. Thanks for your patience and I haven't forgot anyone who has showed interest in this.

Thanks,
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Great News !

I spoke with my contact today, Dave Carson. He has done a tremendous job in hunting down a meeting location for our first try in establishing a Federation of Fly Fishers charter club in Knoxville. If you are interested in finding out if this is something for you please join us at EARTH FARE located in Turkey Creek shopping center in West Knoxville. We are going to meet on Tuesday November 27 at 6:30 PM. Please ask for the community room when you enter the premises. I and Dave will be there and he is trying to get someone from FF to come and speak with us.

I can't stress enough how important this is if you are remotely interested in an organization who is furthering the case of fly fishing. We are in no way in competition with TU but rather a complementary organization. We are for all fly fishers interested in all kinds of species. If you are interested to find out if this organization is for you please attend. I will make another post about this when we get closer to the date. Please let everyone know who you think might be interested in this. We will be affiliated with the Federation of Fly Fishers and we be incorporated as such club. Liability insurance and bylaws will be in accordance with their guidelines. Cost will be in the neighborhood of being a TU member. Thanks to Dave for setting this up and contacting me.

I will respond to all individual emails in a few day. See ya all there.

A Heartfelt thanks to LRO for letting me post this here.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to UofMontanaAlum

I will be there! Thanks for all the work in getting this up and going. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Count me in

I got your email. Just curious, what is the final tally?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:03 AM

Well, It looks like including all who emailed and a couple who just posted their intereset plus myself and Dave, and maybe another person who is a friend of mine we are probably looking at 12 or so at this point.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Bumping this one again. It's getting closer, I will send another reminder the day before the event.

We will meet at EARTH FARE IN TURKEY CREEK, west Knoxville, at 6:30 pm on Tuesday November 27, 2007. We will be in the community room. Ask for the FFF guys. Hope to see you there and please spread the word.

Thanks,

Hans Ahlstedt
Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 PM

I spoke with Jack Cummings, VP Membership and he will give his best shot at being there.

I will be sending his contact info to Dave Carson and wish all of you the best luck luck in doing this. It is really quite easy to do and the rewards are very good.

I wish i could makes it but it will be difficult. I have had a change in my life and on the same evening I will be doing the same thing in my home town.

I have relocated to Lovell, WY and will be in butte, MY to get a club going.

It has taken a bunch of years but i got a change yo get closer to home and the deal was too good to pass up.

Uof M alumni, I will be watching the Griz take care of the kitties and have tickets to next week playoffs. See you in chatty in December.

any help that i can give to you folks in your endveor, I will do.

Also if any are out here fishing please give me a shout and we can try and hook up. My boat has a couple ofseats and needs to be used more.

My contacts stuff is listed on the FFF website under board of directors.

Good luck and tight lines.

Irish Dave Duffy
Old 11-17-2007, 09:22 PM

Thanks Mr. Duffy. We are going to try and see if we can get this viable. It's worth a try.