Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Website and Message Board

Old 04-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Congratulatons LRO!

Well, I guess it's a little strange for most of us, but you guys have to do what you have to do. Congrats on letting WalMart buy the land the shop is on. I heard the bank was going to and a few houses behind you. I bet you guys got a mint. Byron said yesterday that you were seriously thinking about moving the shop to Knoxville? Just means I'll have to drive further to go to my favorite flyshop. I'm sure Walmart will have some stuff, but nothing like LRO of course.

Anyway, I guess Townsend won't be so small anymore after this. I never thought they'd let Walmart come in there and turn it into another Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg.

Anyway, nothing complaining about it will do now I guess.

Are you guys going to have a moving sale? I could use a new rod or two if you are. I've about broken every one I have trying to cast this big ole fly today that i was fishin' with....it was a #2 APRFLS caddis. Oh, I just remembered, I'm gonna need some of that E.L.F. repellant too. They about worked me over today trying to catch my #2 caddis and eat it. Pesky little guys. . .
Old 04-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Default April Fool!

Fishlicker!

HAHAHAHA! April Fool! Boy did you ever pick a good one to be unlikely! WALMART?

Good one, though... Thanks for playing along with E.L.F. I was remembering the Heartland Series *Elf Release* April Fool!

Paula
Old 04-02-2007, 07:48 AM

and did this happen on April 1st April Fooooooooooo........ I can't bring myself to say it for fear that there may be a tiny thread of truth......

buckeyetrouter
(can I get some help with a Go Bucks??)
Jeremiah 29:13
Old 04-06-2007, 09:45 PM

Default heheh.

Well, we must have a pretty smart crew around here - maybe if I'd said Kroger? No one bit! Oh well. there's always next year!
Old 04-07-2007, 01:38 AM

maybe if you would've said that they'd sold the business to bass pro. anyone notice that the quaint Little River Village campground is now a KOA? enjoy it all while it lasts. I hate to be grim about it, but pigeon forge is reaching maximum capacity. before you know it they'll be opening up corporate pancake house restaurants and giving timeshare tours in townsend. I'm only 25 and I can remember as a child when the only thing in sevierville was a little place where you could get this bear in a cage to drink a coke in a glass bottle. 20 years...wow does it look different now. It saddens me to think of what townsend might look like in 20 years. the big 4 lane road through "the quiet side" is already paved.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:39 AM

Red face

Oh, I bit alright. I actually got down to the second paragraph before I realized what a chump I was! I was at work when I read it and couldn't reply. It's sad when a man falls for such at my age...
Old 04-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlicker
Oh well. there's always next year!
heh...there certainly IS...she says with an evil grin!

And a plan is already in place. Oh, boy...it's gonna be good!

Inspiration direct from Sarah from Seattle...and she is has a wicked sense of humor!

Paula
Old 04-07-2007, 10:54 AM

Now, for a REAL April Fools joke...that really isn't a joke...

Today, y'all are getting snow - while that might be a bit unusual for April for your area, it isn't unprecedented....but listen to this - down here we might get SLEET tomorrow morning. That's right - here in Le Grande Republique du Bannanas a la Louisiane, we might get some frozen precipitation ON EASTER. Everything's been green for over a month now - the azalias have finished blooming, my roses in the backyard are blooming - and we're getting SLEET tomorrow.

I think we're living the old chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times".
Old 04-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

I believe it was Easter Sunday 1985 that I woke up and went outside and measured 12 inches of snow in my front yard in West Maryville. So it's not like this has never happened before... I've got a picture of it somewhere.

Gerry
Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 PM

gerry, which winter is this? dogwood winter?