Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters

Old 04-11-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Sunday April 15th.

Well, I was going to go to the Hiwassee last Sunday and now it looks like this coming Sunday might not be any better. I will make a decision later this week, probably on Saturday. If the weather is not improving from the forecast I might have to cancel again. I don't like the Hiwassee after two days of rain. Way too muddy to wade in. I don't have a boat.

Anyways, I was going to invite anyone who wanted to fish with me at Big Bend on Sunday morning, rigging up at 7 am. Stay tuned and I will announce my plans on Saturday. Until then let's pray for better weather.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:08 PM

I'll go, if the river's fishable.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM

I'm studying the weather forecast and it looks like we can do it. The only drawback would be the wind which is supposed to be fairly gusty on Sunday. I just hope we don't get a whole lot of rain to muddy up the river. I'll stay in touch. Anyone who wants to fish with us let us know so we know who to look for. I will make definite plans Saturday and I will post them here.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 PM

I may try to make it to the HI on Sunday for at least a few hours, although I won't be getting there that early. Let me know where ya'll will be and I might try to at least stop by and say howdy...
"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com
Old 04-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Sorry to say but I won't be going this weekend either. I guess it's bad luck but it is beginning to look like a curse. I don't see much joy in going to Hiwassee after the anticipated rain tomorrow and then high of 49 for Sunday. Oh well, I guess this is the last of the cold spells. This has been a very unusual winter/spring.

I'm hoping to see some of you down that way the following weekend. I guess by now I shouldn't even be posting since I seem to be calling the bad weather. I guess the only good thing is the fact that we do need the precipitation.

If anyone do fish I wish you all good luck.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:15 AM

Hans,

Just out of curosity, could you be the Scandanavian gentlemen mentioned in the Smokies article in the current issue of Fly Fisherman?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Smile

Yes, that's me. I do not wear tile setters knee pads though, I don't know what Zach got that from.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Hans...don't worry about that article...it was rife with errors. Byron was severely misquoted. Seems the editors decided to write what they wanted, without regard for reality.

Sorry your fishing will be off tomorrow. Looks like our day two class will be canceled also.

Paula
Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 PM

I was just going to let that detail pass. I am not surprised that liberties were taken with the details. From what I have read in past articles, that seems to be the norm. Gotta sell, to heck with the details. Kinda reminds me of the News Sentinel. Oops, did I say that?

Brad
Old 04-15-2007, 09:24 PM

Default fyi- the HI today...

I hit the Hiwassee today. Cold, rainy, ans some snow! Trout are still hitting the Roach rig (bugger with PT dropper) It was interesting to see snow falling and trout rising
df