Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM

Default the new sipsey

got to fish the sipsey twice this week with the increased flow.i dont know if it is permenent yet but i do like it.it is like a flowing river now.caught 25 today in 2 1/2 hours.fun fishing
dalefish
Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 AM

Hey there.

I wasn't aware of the new water situation. Sounds great! About how much of a flow are we talking about? Would sure like to get there and be fishing this coming weekend but will be out of town. Looks like the first of May before I can get back there.

Take care and don't go swimming.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:16 AM

its about 3 times as much.enough to have to mend your line.i went saturday morn and eve and had 8 in the morn before the lightning ran me off and 19 in the eve before the dark ran me off.wadeing is different but the swimming is the same....
dalefish
Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Hey DF,

With the increased flow, have the spots changed? Is the big tree still out of the water below the bend? I haven't been up in month's. I need to buy me a PFD first.

<'))))><
justfishing
Old 04-21-2007, 12:52 PM

there are still fish in the usual places but for the bonus the fish are using alot of other areas that they didnt go to much.also the fun of fishing current.all the trees are still there.the current is not bad enough for a pfd nor is the depth.a little increase in depth goes a long way.great fishing and on top of everything,they stocked the 19th.so the place will be full of fish.
dalefish
Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Hey Dale,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear about the water flow. I need to get back over there.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:56 PM

well,looks like the old flow is back for now.we fished there saturday and they ran water from 9 to 10 and shut it back down to the old flow.fish still bit well with some pretty good ones(for the sipsey)mixed in.i caught around 20,jim caught around 10 and mark caught 4 on his first flyfishing for trout trip.everyone had a fun time and it was great the weather cooperated by not having us wear lots of insulation.
dalefish