Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-14-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Friday 13th Tremont

After Paula's fishing report, I just had to get out and fish after work yesterday. I had a kp for Sat, but it didn't look like the weather was going to hold up, so I headed up Tremont after work with a friend. Saw one or two folks fishing and a couple of drivers, but not as much activity on the river as I expected.

We fished till dark with decent success. He brought in a dozen or so and I had four to the hand. Not the fault of the fish, they were trying to cooperate. We both had 20 plus hits, long distance releases, etc. For me it was just one of those days when I couldn't get a hook set to save my life. I started with HE para. and he was using an Irresistable Wulff. Various bugs were flying around and we ended up switching over to some attractor patterns as the evening wore on. A little hot spot Humpy provided quite a bit of success. I finished the night bouncing a Yellarhammer through some of the pools until it ended up 15 feet up in the laurel and I called it a night.

I'm glad I had a chance to get out. It was a well need trip and now it can rain all day Saturday.

Brad
Old 04-15-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Who says Fri 13th is Unlucky?

Glad you got out and had a good afternoon on the stream. I got out of work early Friday and hit the Clinch. Had a day with big numbers of fish caught but none bigger than 12". Nice none-the-less to get out and put a bend in the rod! Thanks for sharing! Reports of fish rising to dry's brings me hope!

AA