Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Smoky Mountain Fishing

Old 04-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Droppers

I just finished watching Oliver Edwards "Essential Skills" video on Czech Nymphing, Upstream Nymphing, and North Country Spiders --again...

In two of the three segments he's nymphing with 3 droppers and in the third he's only using 2 droppers. Question: Is there a park regulation regarding or limiting the number of droppers one can fish from one line? I know there is a specific regulation regarding the minimum length the dropper must be from your "primary" (for lack of a better word) fly, but I'm not sure about the number of droppers you could employ.

Gerry
Old 04-19-2007, 08:15 PM

Gerry:

If I remember the regs correctly, you are only permitted one dropper in addition to your regular fly.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:22 PM

The information that Byron has posted under "fishing information" on this web site states "ONLY artificial flies or lures with a single hook may be used. Dropper flies may be used. Up to two flies on a leader."