Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Tackle and Gear

Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Korker Wetland Wading Boots

I just saw an advertisement for these and I am in desperate need to a new pair of boots. I thought that these might serve kind of a dual purpose. Anyone have any experience with these.

http://korkers.com/product.php?recKey=26
Old 04-23-2007, 08:04 AM

The Korkers aren't a boot we normally stock but we have ordered them in the past. They are a very neat concept, being able to change from a hiking sole to a felt sole without taking the boots off. I tried them on when we got them in and with decent balance I was able to change the soles while standing up.

If you want a pair, even just to try to see how they fit, just let me know and I'll order them. They are right around $80.

Daniel - LRO
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer

I'm in my second season with my Wetlands and they are everything Korkers claims, and more. I can't recommend them highly enough. My son was so impressed with mine that he also bought a pair. Incidentally, Daniel ordered both pairs for us and his turnaround time was under a week!

My son and I spent 11 hours yesterday stumbling in and around the Hiwassee without a single concern about what we had on our feet.

Contrary to what you may have heard, they do not run large. They run true to size even with neoprene wading boots. They come with a tread sole and a felt sole but you may want to consider ordering an extra set of studded felt soles. I'm about to order the studded felts for some of these extra slippery streams around here!

Good luck -- Gerry
Old 04-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Do you have the ones with the "new" technology soles. I think the newer ones have a different interlocking system so I was worried about buying the older ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Romer View Post
I'm in my second season with my Wetlands and they are everything Korkers claims, and more. I can't recommend them highly enough. My son was so impressed with mine that he also bought a pair. Incidentally, Daniel ordered both pairs for us and his turnaround time was under a week!

My son and I spent 11 hours yesterday stumbling in and around the Hiwassee without a single concern about what we had on our feet.

Contrary to what you may have heard, they do not run large. They run true to size even with neoprene wading boots. They come with a tread sole and a felt sole but you may want to consider ordering an extra set of studded felt soles. I'm about to order the studded felts for some of these extra slippery streams around here!

Good luck -- Gerry
Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gerry Romer
Default Korker Wetlands

I have the original Korker Wetlands which they're still making. The new technology appears to be designed for more of a shoe and sandal configuration than a boot configuration. Their website shows that they're still producing the original interchangeable soles. That's why I said I was getting ready to buy the studded felts... I had just been on their site last week.

The dual sole system is what first caught my attention. I don't really do a lot of hiking in to fish - some but not a lot - but I just didn't like the idea of tearing up felt soles on the gravel road above the Tremont Institute . What I really like though is that I can get in and out of my car to drive between spots without messing up the car. I usually stash the hiking soles in the water bottle holder of my vest (they're so lightweight I forget they're there) so that when I'm done fishing a stretch and want to drive on, I can sit down and change them out at the stream's edge, rinse them off in the stream and then hike back out in the hiking boot and get right in the car without dragging all that wet stream crap with me.

The system also makes it a whole lot easier to clean the boots. After seeing what didymo can do to a stream, I've gotten kind of anal about cleaning my boots and waders after every fishing trip. I just pop the soles out and scrub them off with a scrub brush. The boots themselves are a piece of cake to clean and you'll want to pay extra attention to rinsing any gravel out of the special locking track - it just rinses right out.

If you go for them you'll definitely get more than your money's worth

Any more questions?? Post or PM me if you'd like.

Gerry