Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Manchester VT

Hey good people,

I'm heading up into Vermont and New Hampshire this summer. I have devoted a day trip to Manchester. I'm planning on hitting Orvis and the Museum of Fly Fishing thengrabbing a bite to eat before an evening session on the Battenkill. Any ideas for a decent place for to get some chow? I'd prefer a pub of some type with local brew. Thanks in advance.

Dude
Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 AM

I stayed in manchester this past october. drive down into arlington, only about 5 miles from manchester, and eat at a place called side street cafe. I think that's the name. anyway, I ate there for breakfast and dinner and loved it. manchester itself has all kinds of nice places to eat though. you can also stay in arlington (home to norman rockwell by the way) for much cheaper. I stayed at a house?! for $60 a night. went to the fly fishing museum, it's neat, and fished the battenkill. If you like small streams, you'll love the battenkill. brookies all day long.