Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 04-30-2007, 07:14 PM

Question Louisville trout

I live in Louisville Kentucky and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a relatively close stream (within 1 hour) I usualy just go to otter creek or go to the cumberland tailwaters on the weekend. Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 PM

Howdy KYKid,

I'm in Louisville also.

Your options are a bit limited. Here a link you might like. "Its A Look At Our State's Top Trout Fishing" from Kentucky Fish and Game.
http://www.kentuckygameandfish.com/f..._02/index.html
There are a few more options also. Feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to help.

Dude
Old 05-01-2007, 12:49 PM

Though a little more than a hour away from you, there is Trammel Creek in Allen County near Scottsville, KY. It is stocked regularly by KDFW and is rumored to having some holdover populations from season to season. The distance is probably 120 miles from Louisville.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 PM

Forgot this too. Have either of you fished Southern Indiana? I was not aware of them until I stopped in a store called FlyMasters in Indy. They gave me the lead on three streams in southern Indiana, Jackson Creek (Brown Co.), Brookville Creek (Franklin) and the Big Blue (Henry). I only picked this information up a couple of weeks ago and have not been back there to locate any of them.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:18 PM

I fish Brookville at least twice a year. Its a pretty decent brown trout tailwater.
I know that buckeye fly fishers have a lot to do with it. Here's a link for it.
http://www.buckeyeflyfishers.com/Bro...ille_frame.htm
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Brookville, IN tailwaters

I live about 45 mins. drive from the E. Fork of the Whitewater River. This is the Brookville tailwater. They just stocked rainbows last week. I have not been able to get the amount yet. I know the Ind. dept of Fish ect. are going to stock 2700 (9") browns from Wolf Creek hatchery around the 15th of May. The state is taking over the stocking this year. Buckeye Fly fishers have raised money to purchase the stockings in the past. That's good news. The tailwater is only 2.25 miles long. The water is just getting fishable. I was there Tues. and the water was up a little and pretty dirty. You can get stats on the flow at the Louisville District Corp site. If flows are 490 cfs it is fishable. Idealy flows of 350 cfs would be better.