Home Register Today's Posts Members User CP Calendar FAQ

Go Back   Little River Outfitters Forum > Fly Fishing Board > Fly Fishing for Trout in Other States

Old 05-03-2007, 08:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to MTN_TRT
Default What kinda fish have you caught?

In the shadow of Troutdudes post on where you have fished, what species of fish have you taken w/ a flyrod? So far Ive got: rainbow trout, brown trout, brook trout, a brn/bow hybrid, bluegill, sunperch, redeye, smallie, warpaint shiner, chub,...I think thats all. Pretty impressive to me. Only 2yrs on me . So let's hear it...

www.cameracoffeeadventurego.blogspot.com
Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 AM

Brookies, rainbows, various bream, largemouth bass ("green trout" to oldtimers in SE Louisiana) , a few shiners. However, I'm going to add to that list this summer: redfish, speckled trout, flounder, and probably a few other assorted species - maybe even a small tarpon.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to scflyfisher

Bows, browns, bream, largemouth and one crappie.

Of course the shiners and chubs, but I don't like to admit to that.

I have a lot left to catch on a fly rod. 95% of my fly time is in GSMNP, and the other 5% in the pond at my parents house. Never been in salt with a fly. My brother and I just recently purchased a 15' bass boat at an auction. I plan on spending some time in the lakes here in SC with a fly rod this summer. I'll let you guys know how that experiment goes.

Matt
Old 05-03-2007, 01:25 PM

various panfish, crappie, largemouth, smallmouth, rock, and white bass, rainbow, brown, brook, cutthroat (yellowstone, colorado, greenback) trout, whitefish, carp and the forementioned miscellaneous minnows/forage fish.
I had a saltwater trip planned a couple years ago, but due to a family emergency plans fell through.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Caught with a flyrod

Again - I love these threads!

Trout - brook, brown, rainbow, lake, Dolly Varden, Bull Trout, Cutthroat (Westslope, Greenback, Yellowstone, Rio Grande, Coastal).

Atlantic Salmon, steelhead, coho, chinook, Inconnu, grayling, whitefish

Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, rock bass, assorted bluegill and brim, carp, sucker, assorted chub-like critters, northern pike, chain pickerel, channel cat.

Striped bass, redfish, sea trout, ladyfish, bonefish, tarpon, barracuda, mangrove snapper, jack crevalle

Still looking for: Permit, muskie, Alaskan salmon (all the Pacific Salmon I've gotten have been from the Great Lakes), gar - anything else that wants to bite while I'm fishing

Joe
Old 05-06-2007, 05:35 PM

I've been fly fishing for one year and I've caught rainbow trout, brown trout, largemouth smallmouth and spotted bass, varios bream, striped bass, hybrid striped bass, white bass, and one catfish!